𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟭𝟱. a thousand times better.

CHAPTER FIFTEENA THOUSAND TIMES BETTER

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER

DEREK SHOT FORWARDS, OPENING THE BACK DOORS OF THE VAN TO BE FACED WITH A BERSERKER. The monster had grabbed onto him, throwing the man across the ground and hurrying over. He lifted his arm, swinging down and stabbing the Hale repeatedly with it's bone, the four left watching in panic. Braeden threw herself out of the car, a dozen bullet shells scattering around as she shot the Berserker repeatedly.

"Isaac, undo my manacles." Belle hissed, knowing she had to help. The boy had fumbled with them in panic, before they were ripped from her skin as she let out grunt, watching the blood flood down her arms. She knew she was in control now, especially as she had a much bigger problem to deal with.

Derek dropped to the floor, and everyone had ran out of their vehicle, watching in shock. Belle and Braeden ran forwards to check his wounds, a deep red gash covering his stomach. Survivable? Probably not.

"How bad is it?" Peter asked in concern for his nephew.

"I'm fine- I'm fine! Just get to Scott. Just find him, we'll be right behind you. Go." Derek heaved, though no one listened. "Go!" He pushed, and the pack hesitantly ran towards the front, leaving only Belle, Liam and Stiles to watch. "Belle- you need- you need to go with your brother."

"I'm not leaving you!" She snapped, worried for the man who was bleeding out. Despite their bickers and arguments, Derek was almost like a second father to her. She reminded him of Laura, never afraid to talk her mind. She was brave.

"Belle's right. I can't protect both of us." Braeden told him, and the girl looked at her brother and Liam.

"You guys go, I'll catch up in a bit." She told them. "Belle-," Liam started, though she had already cut him off.

"Liam, go save your Alpha. And find Kira— please!" She pushed, standing up and walking towards him. Stiles had began to walk inside, knowing he'd rather Belle be outside than in.

"What if something happens and I can't save you this time?" He asked, and she placed two hands on either side of his arms. He didn't even mind his shirt staining from her blood.

"Then I'll make sure to haunt you for the rest of your life." She joked, and the boy opened his mouth to say something, knowing he'd probably regret it the moment it fled. "What?" She asked, finally noticing just how close they were. His blue eyes glinted in the moonlight, a small smile forming on his face.

"I know we're supposed to be just friends. But I feel like this is an appropriate time to kiss you goodbye. Just incase, you know." He blurted, shocked from his own confidence. Belle chuckled, and for some reason, she didn't even turn it down. She quite liked the thought of it.