𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟮𝟳. the vision

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENTHE VISION

THE VISION

THE MOONLIGHT HIT ANABELLE'S FACE, illuminating her eyes as she stared up at the darkened sky from her roof. A place she used to climb up and sit on all the time when she was young and worrying. Though this time, it wasn't the fear of Rehab and her mother's hallucinations that were plaguing her mind— it was the fact more and more people began to uncover her secrets day by day.

She brought the bottle of Jack up to her mouth, taking a sip before swallowing it with a slight cringe in her face. The others had been gone a long time, Isaac had taken Malia home— and Belle was almost curious as to how close the two of them had gotten overtime.

Swirling the Jack Daniels around her mouth, Belle jumped slightly when a head peaked out of the window she'd climbed out of, relaxing when noticing it was just Liam, who was watching with furrowed brows.

"I thought you left." She mumbled, before taking another swig and looking away.

"I did, but I decided to come back. Which I'm sort of glad about cause right now it looks like you're going to throw yourself off the roof." Liam explained, and Belle chuckled slightly, looking down.

"Don't tempt me." She joked, before signalling for Liam to sit beside her. The boy jumped up, before sitting next to his girlfriend. She offered him some of her drink, though he had denied any. Still, Liam had taken the bottle off of her, not wanting for the girl to get too drunk whilst sat in the most dangerous place she could be sat.

The two sat in silence for a moment, just absorbing the others presence. Both of them missed the Summer, where they had no threats and were still perfect teens in love. Not like Belle had even said the words 'I love you' to him, she just couldn't.

"I'm sorry— for not telling you." Anabelle blurted, feeling a little dizzy though she'd brushed it off, Liam's eyebrow twitched as he turned his head to face her, blue eyes blending into brown beneath the moonlight.

"I understand- I guess. I just wish you told me sooner, I could've been there for you, I could've helped you." Liam replied, and Belle nodded in understanding.

"I wanted to tell you, I wanted to tell all of you. But I just— I've already caused enough problems for the pack, I didn't wanna create a whole new one." Belle told him honestly, the drinks getting a little too much for her head— seeing as she was being honest for once.

"Belle-,"

"My father died. He killed himself because of Peter Hale. My mom- my biological mom was killed by Mage Hunters. Asher's the only real family I have left, Liam. And I wanna involve him in my life— I just- I don't know how." Belle explained, and Liam gulped from where he was sat, watching his girlfriend's face, void of expression.