𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟯𝟴. deja vu

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHTDEJA VU

DEJA VU

ANABELLE STOOD OVER HER FATHER'S BODY, blonde hair matted and hospital gown dragging to her bruised knees. Tears brimmed her eyes as she watched his faint breaths slowly fade away. The man looked dead, and it reminded Belle of the last days with her mother. Where she'd stare at the soon-to-be corpse of Claudia Stilinski, waiting for the moment her monitor stopped beating.

Anabelle couldn't even function normally during and after the death of her mother. That had sent her into a downward spiral of drugs and hallucinations. And if she lost her father too? The girl wasn't quite sure what reasons would be left of living.

But the truth was, she wasn't living anymore. She was only surviving.

The Stilinski had no idea what she did wrong to lose three of the people she loved most in one night. Asher, Theo, Stiles. And Noah would be added to that list if he didn't make it— which chances were, he wouldn't.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you." She whispered, the whites around her iris' stained pink from exhaustion, lips white and her skin still pale. But she was healing, and soon enough she would be ready to go home. Being at the hospital again after a gunshot wound gave the girl a sense of deja vu she couldn't shake off.

Suddenly, Stiles had rushed into the room, his whole body frozen when realising Belle was there aswell. The boy hesitated, watching his sister closely to see whether he should leave or hug her, whatever Belle was comfortable with.

She swallowed a lump in her throat, eyes watering at the sight of the person who shot her. Who killed her.

"Uh- Are you okay?" Stiles asked stupidly in panic, immediately cursing himself afterwards at how arrogant he sounded.

Belle sniffled, shaking her head. "Of course, I'm not okay."

"I'm so sorry- Belle. I swear to god- All I remember was a random guy walking up to me, taking ahold of my head and then doing some strange thing in my mind. And then- It's as if I was on a timer, and I had to shoot you. I don't know what happened- I'm so sorry-," Stiles rambled, tears flooding from his eyes now as Anabelle stood up and approached him hesitantly, only making him feel worse when noticing the small red stain from her wound on the Hopsital Gown.

"It's okay- It wasn't your fault. It was his." She whispered comfortingly, and Stiles wrapped his arms around her neck, whilst Belle stood frozen. Of course, she knew it wasn't his fault, but just being around him brought back the memories. The feeling of her skin getting pierced, bleeding out.