Chapter 2

Cont of flashback...

Why would he send me a gift?

"Aidan."

"The cutie nephew? I don't believe you. Miss Candy, are you trying to ship me to your nephew?"
I replied.

"Do you want to?"

"✨YES✨"  I joked. I was giggling and all when she called.

I pressed accept.

"Hi, Miss Candy! Did you get home safely?" What a silly question. Of course, she did.

"Happy Birthday."

Wait...

That voice...

I covered my mouth.

He is really Aidan.

"Thank you."
This is awkward. Should I say bye now? He is not talking anymore.
He is breathing.
Okay, I can hear that.
I waited for another minute, but he was not talking anymore.
Let me hang up then.

That was the first and last time we talked.

It has been almost a month after my birthday. My Cole card is safe with me here. I love this so much.

I am in our school canteen sharing chips with the squad. Yumi is my best friend, and we have three other friends in the group, Lori, Canada, and Koby.
Koby is bisexual, I am gay, and the three are straight girls.

They are talking about watching movies on the weekend.
"I can't go."
I never denied that we are poor. We lack in everything. We are happy in our home, though. Even if my mom is a nagger, we love each other.

"How about we chip in for Reese's ticket again?" Canada asked.

"Let me pay for him." Koby is in the middle class. They are not that rich, but their life is more comfortable than mine.

"Do not do that. I'll help my mom in the market too, so I would be busy that time." I answered.

"Look, they are running to the gate. Is there a celebrity there?" Being nosy that she is, Lori pulled the gang and me to check on what was happening.
My phone keeps vibrating, but this Lori keeps pulling me.
"Aww shit, a Kirigun."

Miss Candy?

The gate was widely opened.
I saw Aidan leaning on his car. He looks like he is shooting for a commercial. There's another luxurious black car behind him; it must be for his bodyguard.

Is he looking at me?

"Aidan is so handsome," Canada uttered. "What is he doing here looking so perfect like that? Does he have a girlfriend here, perhaps?"

"If he had a girlfriend, it would be from MSU, not from a no-name-public-high-school," Lori answered.  "His mom is no joke."
"Wait...he is walking towards us."

For sure, he has forgotten me already. He just gave me a gift because he felt terrible about his treatment of me on my birthday.

"Let's go," I asked them.

"Hey." It was Aidan.
"Why are you acting like you don't know me?"

Is he talking to me?

"Why are you not answering your phone?" He asked again.
"Reese."

I checked my phone. Oh, yes, he has been calling me. "What is this, Reese?" Lori whispered.