Chapter 55

Aidan's POV

It was just around six in the morning when I decided to run outside. I feel like I gained weight because of the sweet potatoes my wife forced me to eat. Last week, he has been craving shrimp. I can't indulge him with seafood as it is not good for pregnant when you exceed the recommended servings allowed for him. He has been crying nonstop, but I need to be tough. Yes, I would give him anything he wants with the exemption of something that might harm him and our babies.

He is now on his 12th week of pregnancy, and it's not getting easier.
He is weirder and crazier as the day passes by.

He woke up around four in the morning just to stare at me, and I swear it couldn't be scarier. It is creeping me out. I feel like he is going to stab me while sleeping as revenge for not giving him shrimp.

I finished 12 laps in the subdivision before returning. I was greeted by my moody wife who is standing just behind the 15 ft tall bullet-resistant gate. His arms are crossed above his chest.
"Is it fun running outside, leaving your clueless sleeping wife in the room? I almost wake mommy Ira up because you are missing. Can't you leave at least a note? No, not a note, you should wake me up so I can run with you. No, it's dangerous to run. Don't go outside the mansion. You run inside our room if you want."

Weird.

"You didn't answer. It's a sign." He stood in my way.

Me falling out of love? That would be the biggest joke ever.

Patience, Aidan.

"I will, baby. If you ask me to just run around our bed, I would. I love you! What do you want for breakfast?"

"Why would you ask me? It's not like you are going to give it to me." Reese pouted.

"Oh, you didn't respond when I said I love you. Could it be a sign?" I copied him.

"Baby, how about we eat out today?"
Reese asked.

"We need to rest because the twins will be celebrating their 4th birthday tomorrow. We need to prepare."

"You love saying NO to me this past few days. You are sus."
Reese said as if I am doing something wrong.

"Rest now. It's still early. I think you are just sleepy." I am sweaty enough to hug him, so I just hold his hand.

"You still love me?" He asked me with an uncertain tone.

"Baby, I love you and I always will. I will love you forever and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."

"Do you think this is just because of my pregnancy hormones? I feel scared knowing that you might leave me with these five kids. I know I have enough money already to take care of them, but I can't handle it alone."
Why is he thinking like this?

"I am always here. I will never leave you. We will stay with each other forever." I assured him.

"Wake up, my boys." They are turning four today. It's already 9 AM, and their mom is nagging outside because they missed the breakfast again. They slept late, so I didn't wake them up earlier.

Aki moved to Rye's bed and hugged his brother.

"Do you want to sleep more? You have a guest outside since today is your birthday. Daddy gave you a special gift. What do you think could it be?"

"I want a puppy, daddy," Aki answered. Just like what I expected Aki will say.

"Me? Sennelier oil pastels and water coror complete set. I want to use mommy's corors but I am afraid he will be mad at me if I touch his things." Rye told me.
Reese was right about the choice of brand.