Chapter 50

Reese's POV

"Happy 3rd month, babies." I kissed both of my cuties.

"Happy third month of being a beautiful mommy." Aidan kissed me too.

"Happy third month of being an expert in changing diapers, daddy." I kissed him back.

This is life.
Aidan gave me the best life as he promised.

"You are blooming, Reese." Candy told me. Of course, I am. We had a quickie earlier when mom and dad offered to bring the babies outside. It was just 20 minutes of sex, but I felt so loved.

"Am I?"

"You are always blooming, baby," Aidan said.

"Maybe because you shower me with love every day." I live the life that I've wished--- with a great husband, lovely kids, and a supporting family and in-laws.

It seems so perfect to the point that it is scary somehow. What if Aidan got sick of me? I've been reading novels and watching series, mostly it ended up being cheated on.

There is no such thing as perfect marriage life. We are an imperfect couple trying to do everything to give our best for this to work.

I know how much Aidan loves me. There is no doubt how sincere he is.
But the question is until when?
He will be sick with me someday.
He will find someone better.
I know I am overthinking, but these thoughts are possible in real life.
This may happen, but I still believe in a Kirigun. When they love, it's for a lifetime.

"Baby, what are you thinking?" Aidan caressed my head.

Nothing... Just you being tired of me.

Aidan's phone vibrated. "Your guard said you have a visitor."
Aidan finally gave me a bodyguard after someone sent me a creepy message about dying. Among all of the Elites, he trusted Jacob to be my bodyguard. They had to expedite Jacob's exams and training for this.

"Tell Jacob to let him in."

"Him? You didn't even ask who the visitor was."

"Baby, it's Nikki. I invited him to celebrate with us." He was supposed to visit me when I gave birth, but it was delayed because he was busy setting up his new restaurant. It will be longer than expected.

I rushed downstairs to meet my best friend.

I ran to him when I saw him near the guardhouse and hugged him. "I miss you, bestie."

"Sshhh..." He put his index on my lips.

"Why?"

"You are so loud. So where are the babies?" He didn't even greet me first. Didn't he miss me?

"They are on the third floor. We will bring them later in the garden for celebration. You'll meet them there."
Aidan is changing our babies' costumes for their third-month party. We organized a small celebration for the family.

"Okay. Can I check your kitchen?"

I laughed at him. He is very curious about our chefs here.
This mansion has one of the biggest kitchens I know. The chefs here are famous, but my family preferred cooking on the third floor.
Chefs usually are by request or on standby when there are guests.

"Sure. I'll check them upstairs first."

When I got into the babies' room, I saw my husband struggling with the two.

"Need my help?" I wrapped my arms around his waist. How can his body be this rock-hard? Aidan doesn't work out these past few months.

Heavily panting, he looked back at me. "I can handle this. I need to be used to it."