Chapter 35

Aidan's POV

The flower shop messaged me that they'd be closing for a week. They send the flowers every morning. It is to give Reese every breakfast.

I went to the town to check other flower shops. I want the best for Reese. I ordered them to send flowers every 5 AM to our house. They were hesitant at first because our place is kilometers away from the highway. When I offered a higher amount, they agreed right away.

I decided to go to the hotel where Nikki was working. Reese loves his food, so I went there for take-outs.
Chef Nikki arrived at the place late. I haven't prepared dinner for Reese, so all I can do is wait.

It was almost dark when we returned to the place.
We were already near the gate when Reese called me.

Shit! He is awake.

His voice. He is crying.

"Speed up, Luke!"

He hadn't parked yet when I opened the car door. He stopped right away. I ran to our home.

"I am sorry, are you okay?"

Reese has the wildest imagination when it's dark.

He is still crying. I know how scared he was. I hugged him and caressed his back.

"I am not." His voice cracked. I wiped his tears. What am I going to do with you? You are still cute even when crying.
"Don't leave me again." He added.

He buried his face on my chest while his nails dug my shoulder. I think he is not aware of it.

"Never again, I'll stick with you like this forever." I tried to hug him tightly.
He pushed me.
"Come on, baby. I am sorry, I hope you can forgive me already. I miss my wife so much. Only you can make me happy again."

He lay down on our couch and continued watching. "Where have you been?" He avoided my gaze.

"To buy your food. I went to that restaurant again. You want the food there, right?"

"You met him? You could have just ordered Luke to go there alone."

"I need to buy something else too."

"Ouch ouch ouch." Reese seemed to be in pain.

"What happened?"

"My legs! it hurts."
I tried to stretch it and massage it lightly.

"How about this? Still hurting? Come with me for a walk every morning, okay? It would help to avoid sudden cramps." I continued rubbing his calf.

"Don't look at me like that," Reese asked. I wish he could go back to how he treated me before. I missed him being sweet and clingy to me. I missed the way he looked at me like I was the only guy existing in his world. Clearly, me without memories of him, fucked up real bad, and this is the greatest punishment of all.

"Why not? You may not forgive me yet, but I am willing to do everything to put us on how we were before." I carried him to our room.
"Rest first. I'll prepare our dinner."

"Uhmmm ... Aidan..."

"Yes, baby?"

"Don't throw the dishes. Let me wash it, okay?" He asked before turning to his side.

"I love you. Rest a bit because you need to wash all the plates for me."
I smiled.

"Uhmmmm...Aidan..."

"Yes, baby?"

"I want some orange juice."
He is still avoiding my eyes.

"I will prepare, baby. Give me a minute."