Chapter 5

Reese's POV

"I'll sleep here too."

He is got to be kidding me.

"Baby, you don't need to. You'll catch  flu."

We are trying to fit in my single-size bed.

"It's like an oven here. Are you trying to bake yourself?" Aidan is sweating a lot.  "I am serious. Can you move to that apartment? and you...you can stay with me." His eyes are begging me to agree.

"I can't. Not now."

"Let's talk about it again then. Rest for now.
I'll wake you up when our family doctor arrives."
Dr. Cheng has become my doctor as well since I became Aidan's boyfriend.

This is his first time at our home. I never imagined seeing him sleep here.

The doctor arrived. He must be surprised that I am living in this place too.  He just prescribed some medicines for me. Aidan asked Luke to buy it.

"Aidan, are you going to sleep here?"
My mom asked him.

"Yes."

"Have you eaten already? I'll prepare your dinner first. You have to eat before sleeping." My mom offered.

"No, mom. I'll order for Aidan."
My boyfriend is a picky eater. He is not going to eat the fried fish that my mom prepared.

My mom pulled some bills from her purse and handed them to me. "Take this. I don't know how to order."

"No need to do that. I am going to eat here. I'll be back, baby." He followed my mom.

He returned after 15 minutes.
"Are you okay?"

"Why would you ask me that? I should be the one asking if you are feeling a little bit better."
I somehow felt bad for Aidan. He is not used to this kind of place.

He borrowed my clothes and lay down beside me.

"I am asking about the dinner. I should have ordered food for you.
You don't eat meals like that. Tomorrow morning, we will return to the mansion." I am so sorry for Aidan.

"Remember this, I will be fine anywhere and on anything as long as you are here with me and I know that you are fine. I love you so much."
Aidan told me. I am aware of how this guy loves me. I love him too, and we will do everything to make this work.

"Baby, your phone keeps vibrating."
He usually ignores his phone when we are together. It must be important.
No one is messaging or chatting with Aidan. He is scared of me being jealous. I am so secure with our relationship. I know Aidan will never cheat on me.

"Probably my grandparents. You know them." It must be his dada Cade.

All of his family members are treating me well. Sage is the only one who doesn't talk to me a lot. He is two years younger than us. He is like Aidan. They are ignoring each other.

"Answer them, baby. Don't let them worry."

"They'll just ask me to go home. I will not. We will leave in the morning. You are not well yet."

"I am sorry."

"Don't say sorry. It's my choice. I want to be with you here. Rest for now."
Aidan is sweating a lot.

"Mom," I called. "Please transfer the electric fan here."

"Sure, I am sorry, Aidan. It's too hot here inside our house."
My mom told him apologetically.

My mom plugged in the electric fan and left us in my tiny room.

I kissed the top of his head.
Aidan loves me, to the point that he is willing to sleep in a place like this.
All his life, he has been so comfortable.