Chapter 45

Reese's POV

"Please tell me you didn't fight with Sage."

"I didn't, okay? You don't have to worry. I just clarified some things with him. We are fine now." Aidan replied.

"Good job, my husband. You really are the best. The most handsome and the kindest."
The most possessive, too, plus the craziest. All the superlatives that I could use.
"Oh, they moved again. Damn, you are so slow, baby."

"Just lay down, will you? I want to feel  my baby boys too." He moved his face closer to my tummy. "Wake up, little Aidans." He knocked gently on my bump.

Does my tummy look like a door to him?

"Wake up, my baby boys, and kick daddy."

How about I kick him instead?

He just flashed his cutest smile.

"Shit! Shit! I'll be a daddy in a few months. I can't wait anymore."

I am glad to see how excited Aidan is to see our babies. I know he will be a perfect father for the kids. I cannot wait to meet them too.

The morning after, it was very awkward. Mommy and daddy are not here. Uncle Yohan's family is still in the US.

"Where is Sage?" Mama asked.

"Still sleeping, I guess," Dada replied.

"Wake him up, Aidan." Mama told him.

"Oh, wow! He slept alone, he should know how to wake up by himself." My husband announced again.

"Baby, but I woke you up earlier."

"It's different." He answered.

"Then maybe I can wake up Sage too." I teased him.

"TELL.ME.YOU.ARE.KIDDING."
The way Aidan stares at me is scary.

"I am kidding, of course, but don't you think it's bad to glare at your wife like that?" I asked him. It's not nice to look at me this way.

"I will wake him up," Aidan told us. He stood up angrily and marched to Sage's room.

"Ma, it's just a joke."

"I know." He winked.

We can hear a loud banging of the door from here. "Wake up! Starve if you want." Aidan's voice echoed to the whole third floor. Grumpy as always.

He then returned, "he woke up finally." He sat beside me again.

I held his hand. "Baby, my chest is hurting."

"Reese, what happened?" Dada asked worriedly.

"Why is your chest hurting?" Aidan asked.

Sage sat on his chair too.

Aidan is just looking at me, waiting for my answer.

"Because I don't want you being disappointed at me. I am sorry, baby."
I rested my head on his shoulder.
"I was just joking earlier. I am always bad at it. I know I am not funny most of the time, and I hope you wouldn't look at me like that, baby."

Sage looked so bored listening to us.

"Look, baby, my hands hurt too." I added.
Aidan pulled my hand and kissed each.

"Tss." What is wrong with this Sage? So bitter.

"Are you okay, honey? Should we go planting today?"
Mama Miles asked me.

"Perfect, ma. I would love to. We need more time to catch up too." I love spending time with Mama Miles.

After our meal, Aidan allowed me to bond with mama. He talks a lot. Why is he like that?