Chapter 53

Aidan's POV

After how many tries, he finally accepted the grilled sweet potato. I don't know how the hell did he find out that it's mommy who grilled first the sweet potatoes for him. He is not accepting anything. He wanted a sweet potato that hadn't been touched by anyone else except me. The struggle is real.

Reese slept alone in our room.

"Daddy, you said we will have a baby sister. Will mommy still wuv us?" Aki asked me. I was sleeping on the floor in the middle of their two beds.

"Nothing will change. We will still love you both."

I am so tired. I am more exhausted in roasting sweet potatoes than my paper works.

My phone vibrated. It was Reese.
"You are not happy."

"Baby, I told you I am happy," I replied to him. He has been repeating this several times.

"You are not happy."

He flooded me with the same message.

When I turned on my back, the two kids were looking at my screen too.
"Is that mommy? Why is he chatting? He doesn't want to come here because we are here."  Aki, the overthinking kid, asked.

"It's not like that. Let's just let him be alone. Mommy is pregnant, and pregnant tend to be more sensitive. Be patient with mom, ayt?"

"Don't be sad naaa, Aki. Maybe we still smell like watermewon, but tomorrow we don't smell like that anymore. Right, daddy?" Rye tried to comfort his twin.

"I want to sweep with mommy. He caresses my tummy wayk this when we sweep." He demonstrates how Reese rubs his belly

"Daddy can do it to you too. Like this?"  I touched his tummy.

"Yes, daddy. Aki likes it." My sweet baby boy told me. Rye, on the other side, has already fallen asleep on his bed.

Imagine another baby in this room. That would be fun. I cannot wait. But we need to confirm it with his doctor too. He already used three pregnancy tests, and it all turned positive. We need a sure answer from the doctor.

We set the check-up appointment before lunch.

I saw my kids knocking in Sage's room. They had breakfast already and were dressed up for their session with Jared.

"Why are you there?"

"Daddy, uncle Sage is our classmate. He will be late if we don't wake him up." Rye told me.

Sage is there to win Jared over. That kid is not in favor of Sage and his brother's relationship. Sage was so mean to Jacob before, and up until now, Jared still hates the fact that my cousin is his brother's boyfriend. That's the biggest revelation in the mansion actually -- Sage falling in love with an Elite.

Their lesson today, as what the twins told me, is writing their name. Finally! I will give Jared a gift for being patient with my kids.

When not teaching the twins, he is also in the black room as Sam's apprentice. He said he loves being busy. That kid is like an adult one

"Baby?" I knocked in our room. "Wash up. We have an appointment."

"Okay!" He shouted. "My head is aching. I'll be ready in a minute."

When he came out of the room, he went straight to the kids, kissed them, and dragged me to the elevator.
"Chill, what's wrong?"

"I need to see you grill some sweet potatoes. I want them. I am hungry, and that is all I want to eat today, baby."