Chapter 52

Aidan's POV

One hour has passed, we returned to the third floor. I am worried about my two kids. They didn't eat their lunch yet.

Was I too harsh earlier?
They should learn, though.

"Are you okay, baby?"

"You should be asking that to Aki and Rye instead. You made it like it was a big deal. My poor twins! Did you see them crying earlier? My heart hurts." Reese told me.

I may look like them, but I want Aki and Rye to be as warm as Reese. I want them to be kind and sweet. That would be so cute.

We saw Rye focused on writing.  There are three big letters in the middle ----  C-A-T.
Since when did sorry become cat?
I noticed his natural talent in drawing.

"Mommy, look at this. You awe the sunflowew." Rye excitedly jumped upon seeing Reese.

"How about dad?"

"This." He pointed to the rock. Is that a rock?  "You are wayt (right), daddy.
This is a potato." Rye proudly showed a picture of potato/rock to me.

"Will you still bite mommy?" I asked him.

"I never bit mommy. But daddy, Aki is mad at you."

We went to the kids' room while Rye stayed and continued his drawing, which was supposed to be a punishment. It seemed he enjoyed it a lot.

"Aki!" I still knocked on the door. I want them to get used to knocking in anyone's room. Who knows, they might accidentally open our love nest if they don't practice knocking.

"You don't wuv me." Aki is hiding under the bed.

"Who said that? Come to mommy, baby." Reese, who is about to cry, asked our son. "We love you so much."

"You locked me in my woom, but you asked Wye to draw instead. You awe being unfair." His face is so wet with tears. His eyes got swollen because of too much crying too.

"If my son gets sick because of this, Aidan. I am telling you." Reese is now hugging our son.

"Aki wants to say sowwy, mommy."

"Forgiven, baby. Stop crying now. Do you want mommy to cry too? Do you want me to sleep with my cutie Aki today?" Reese asked him. If he is sleeping here, then I will too.
My son whispered something to Reese. "Of course, I promise, only Aki, Rye, and mommy today in the bed."

"Hey!"

"Why are you heying me?" Reese scowled at me. "Look! My kid already apologized." Reese whispered to me.

"You can't sleep here. How about me?"

"How about you? Then sleep alone." Reese's temper has been unexplainable these past few days.

It's been a week since Reese has been regularly sleeping in the kids' room.
I had to stop this. They won't let me sleep with them.

Tonight, he agreed to sleep in our room, but the catch is, the kids will be sleeping with us too.

I woke up early, and I saw my kids playing with the first aid kit. I am too sleepy to stop them.

"Mommy. Good mowning!"

"Good morning." Reese yawned.

"Guess who is Aki and Rye." Rye spoke. I can even identify who is who, even without looking.
I tried to open my eyes to check what are these kids up to. They have no shirt on. They put a plaster on their chest to probably cover Rye's heart-shaped birthmark.