23

Y/n sat with Stephen and Gray, reading the next volume of her manga when Bryce walked up asking, "Hey...wanna go to the snack bar with me?"

Y/n gave a skeptical look and Bryce says, "I'll buy."

[Bryce who was shy and quiet,]

"Just tell me if you want anything else." Bryce says, putting down a large platter. Stephen replied, "Man- I think we have more than enough haha."

Y/n didn't respond nor did she look up from her manga until, Stephen elbowed her side gently, she looked up and Stephen motion his head subtly towards Bryce.

Y/n blushed a little out of embarrassment, not used to thanking people because she didn't talk much usually. "T-Thanks. For t-the snacks." She stuttered out.

Y/n didn't do well with strangers either so her blush got worse making Bryce blush slightly though his went unnoticed.

[Put in a continous effort to hang out with us.]

[I didn't really care for him too much at first.]

[A few days later]

Y/n was walking home with Stephen and Gray when Bryce ran up holding a bag.

[They say humans are an adaptive species.]

[Before we knew it, Stephen, Y/n and I got used to the change.]

[And we were hanging out with Bryce on the regular.]

[But the oh-so-shy Bryce,]

[...started to change as quickly as he adapted.]

---------------------------------------------------------
Byuksan: Outside by Announcement Board [Narrator pov]
---------------------------------------------------------

Y/n sat on the ground watching Stephen and Gray, "Please tell me you're almost done." She stated bored since Stephen wouldn't let her bring her manga.

Meanwhile, two assholes were watching them talking about Stephen. "That dumbass over there with the tape- it's Stephen Ahn right?"

One asks and the other replies, "Guys have been calling him tapeman. Cuz he's always putting up posters, acting like he's some kind of saint, hehe."

Back on the ground while Y/n sat pouting, Bryce walked up and sat down next to her, startling her.

"I see you landed second on the test again. That's fucking amazing." Bryce says to Y/n putting a hand on her shoulder.

Y/n wasn't big on physical contact so she was struggling not to scream as she replied, "Y-Yeah... that's j-just how it p-panned out."

Bryce though she was stuttering because she liked him though it wasn't quite the case. He leaned over putting an arm around her saying, "That idiot Stephen scored first once. What a fluke. Took a nosedive from glory, didn't he? Hahaha."

Y/n too uncomfortable to move sat there as he said, "Turns out his real place is in the lower-middle range. Sometimes though, when I look at that fucker, I feel like he's so fucking fake."

Gray had sat down on the other side of Y/n when he'd heard that and on a whim, he pulled Y/n into a protective hug.

[At that moment, for some unknown reason, I felt an unpleasant repulsion.]

Gray didn't release Y/n from the hug until she poked him her normally expressionless face, bright red and holding a flustered expression.

"G-Gray could you l-let go now p-please?" She asked not bothering to hide the emotion in her voice. He let go and she sat trying to calm herself down.