48: Aimless Talent

[At that point in my life, I think I was just desperate for something more than I really was.]

A girl hurriedly walks down the street with papers and a computer, frantically typing as she avoided anyone who was in her way without looking, her thoughts frantic about missing her deadline then getting fired by her strict boss.

[It wasn't captivation I had been searching for, rather, more of a small light barely flickering that I could help make grow.]

In her haste she accidentally ran into a guy with a guitar and green hair, her computer and papers crashing on the ground next to his guitar, "I'm so sorry!" She bowed and picked up her things quicker than the other teen could process and, leaving in the blink of an eye while typing on her computer which had gone through way worse than a fall earlier that week. 'What's her problem?' He thought as he trudged off to school where his new school classmates were waiting patiently.

[That was the day I met him.]

---------------------------------------------------------
Weak Hero| Story by SEOPASS, Art by RAZEN. Check it out on webtoon!
---------------------------------------------------------

 Check it out on webtoon!---------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry I'm late, teacher." A girl with windblown ash brown hair in a messy bun style with exhaustion etched in her olive-green eyes as the teacher of the class waved off her tardiness, "Class, this is our student aide who will be coming from a private middle school to help us every the week until break." She bowed then stood up why saying, "Nice to meet you, I hope we get along. My name is Chun-Ja Yang, please take care of me this year." The teen she ran into from earlier that day barely caught her eye but she decided to sit down next to him, gathering stares from his class who were charmed by her beauty.

[I was what you call a kingmaker, though I had no idea when I met him. And yet I was capable of choosing anyone person regardless of their competence, and making them into a person with so much power that only I could take it away in the end.]

[It felt like tough responsibility that I couldn't share since it was meant to stay with me. Regardless of if I knew or even understood properly.[

Jeongmu glanced at the girl every so often during class and breaks mostly because every time he did, it had seemed that she grew even more gorgeous beyond recognition and that made him believe, she was the perfect match for him since it wasn't probable she could refuse. He wouldn't let her in the first place. "Gerard, right?" She'd asked her deskmate during the break to which he nodded as she smiled practically beaming at the seams, "I'm going to go get some snacks, but I'll Tran some for you too." Turning around she quickly ran out as Jeongmu jealously glared at the bastard who had talent, and was already starting to sway the girl he planned to ask out, it infuriated him to the point where he provoked Gerard after threatening to destroy his guitar.

[I think it was in that moment when I accidentally chose Gerard to be my king's pawn. I didn't mean to but...it just happened.]

[I thought I had done something at the time to have a hand in what happened to him but kept denying it because I didn't even want to think that I had hurt someone I cared about.]

"Gerard!" Chun-Ja cried out as his hand was covered in blood after beating Jeongmu and his goons to the ground, "Are you okay? Do you need first aid?" He shook his head and instead of using a water bottle cleaned his hands and then slicked his hair back by accident, "No, but we should probably go."

[He whisked me away to meet his bandmates after that, but I was just so entranced by his blunt but forward and caring nature.]

[He made it seem like no matter what I inadvertently caused him would never tire him so long as he could just see me.]

"Hey, Gerard. What's wrong? Who hit your neck?" Chun-Ja asked frantically as the taller teen calmed her down and said, he was okay despite the numerous attempts by the defeated Jeongmu to annoy him, 'Though to be fair I think this is working up poor Chun-Ja more than me.' Her cuteness made him chuckle lightly as his hand found the top of her head, "What are you doing?" She asked playfully to which Gerard replied, "Petting a cat."
---------------------------------------------------------

'He's such a jeek sometimes.....though I guess I do make it easy for him, *giggle.*' I thought as we studied next to each other in class though I was also keeping a watchful eye on Jeongmu, though it was all for naught since he got into another fight with Gerard resulting in his finger getting broken, "They said it would take a month. Don't worry, I'll be able to play the song I wrote for you in a month." He reassured me as we walked from the subway to the complex in silence but it wasn't the serenade I was worried about, it was the look of pure frustration I knew that Hyeonjin was going to give the both of us.

The feeling on hands on my shoulders began to calm me some as we sat on a bench though the dread I felt towards Hyeonjin's gaze of disappointment still made me tense up, "Sorry, Geri. Just thinking about his face when he's disappointed make my head hurt." Standing up I held out my hand, "Shall we head to the practice room?"
---------------------------------------------------------
Dorim Shopping Complex - Basement
---------------------------------------------------------

"Hi guys!" The girl chirped out as she walked in with Gerard tailing behind slowly hoping to break the news as fast as possible, but Hyeonjin beat them both to it and immediately pointed out his finger, "What did you do?" He glared as both the teens tensed up though Chun-Ja calmly explained, "There were these guys trying to harass me and so Gerard stepped in but broke his finger in the process. It was my fault, Hyeonjin not his." [I protected him even when I didn't have to but during the times he did need it, I'd get pushed away in favor of him solving it without putting me in needless danger.]

[But I was never afraid.]

---------------------------------------------------------
To be Continued....
---------------------------------------------------------

Probst the shortest backstop I've ever written.

- Grace

You're not wrong. - Sabrina

Agreed. - Vicki