46: Burdens and Tribulations

Alex diligently practiced at a gym as a guy who worked there instructed him rather abruptly, "Switch your stance to the Southpaw stance." Alex threw his jabs again then the man chuckled, "You're left-handed so that stance should be more comfortable." After leaving he bumped into Gene who apologized after seeing his hood but relaxed upon finding out it was Alex, "Here," he handed him some ice cream as they sat on a bench though Gene could clearly see there was something wrong, "Care to express your troubles? I'm here to listen." After Alex explained the deep-rooted uselessness that he always felt whenever Ben helped or carried his burden on himself alone, not only did he feel better but relieved that he got it out and remembered that his intentions to help his best friend are good, but there will always be a limit to what he and Ben could carry which meant relying on their friends would be better than they thought.
---------------------------------------------------------

"Gray, come on. Studying is good and all but, you also promised me that we'd get you into shape." Y/n stated while holding the exercise band in her hands, "So let's get to work." She paused after seeing drawings of them both in Lily's notebook that she lent them but smiled along with Gray while examining them a bit closer, "She's a great artist. Good linework, excellent shading, spectacular detail. She could be a mangaka if she wanted to." Wrapping his arms around her waist she sighed, "Okay, exercise time." Pushing him to the floor they sat in the same position as the first time and began working on Gray's arm strength until, "Zzzzzz......" Y/n fell asleep mid rep set making him sigh and kiss her head gently, "Good night, N/n."
---------------------------------------------------------

"Donald, I understand your hesitancy. But if you focus solely on intimidating businesses and harassing that girl--" Donald cut Kingsley off with a decisive tone, "There's no rush...we still have plenty of time...for a decision. Moving up the schedule should speed up the plan, call the Mok-Ha duo into Yeouinaru tomorrow."
---------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for the notes, Lily." I thanked along with Gray as we headed to our seats until an announcement about the mock exam results and college prize came on, "Shall we, Gray?" Grabbing her hand they walked down to the front desk where Wesley was being an asshole, "Y/n L/n and Gray Yeon, Eunjang High School." She stated as they were handed two copies, "Thank you miss." Glaring at Wesley as she left with Gray, "Didn't we tell you to act like a nobody towards us?" Holding onto Gray as she glared they walked off after Wesley apologized embarrassed and stormed off. "Thank you, my knight, in shining armor." Y/n pecked Gray on the cheek as he smirked, "Anytime my lovely princess."

Though as soon as they went back to the classroom and sat down a ping was heard from her phone, "Huh?" Her blood froze as she saw the text from Kingsley with a location and the message reading: Donald orders you to go. Getting up slowly she told Gray, "I'm gonna head home for the day, I'll see you tomorrow." Running out of the lobby she caught a bus to where the location was and rushed in to see the Mok-Ha duo fighting and destroying the few remaining members of Manwol, "Don't you think that's a bit overkill?" She asked as they turned around to see her and both smiled, "About time you showed up, Y/O/B/n (Your old bully name). Thought you died or something." Dongha drew her close as he spoke, "We never did go out for that tteokbokki together." Pulling away she glared at them both while stating, "Both of you quit it. Don't you know that I'm a taken woman already?" Dongha teased, "Someone actually wanted to date a woman like you? Then what about me~?" She sneered, "Yes, I have a boyfriend. You, however, will die alone with only Seongmok and his girlfriend for company."

The duo quickly got back to work and retrieved the files and money successfully while Y/n watched with disinterest for the most part until Dongha picked her up bridal style and began to leave the building, "Put me down, Dongha!!" She shouted as he teasingly pecked her forehead, "Not yet, little one. You'll hurt yourself." Growling a bit she pushed him away and stood up after brushing herself off with annoyance, "You're such a dick, Dongha. Why can't you be more like Seongmok? He's an angel!!" As the two began quarreling a small smile etched onto Seongmok's face since after a long disappearance, Dongha's "sunshine" was back in his life again.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry, I'm late!" I called out to the guys as Gray wrapped me in a hug, "It's fine, N/n." Gray practically purred it out though making me blush hard until Ben finally broke the silence and lead us back to the chicken place from a while ago now packed and bustling, "Wow!" Eugene exclaimed as they were seated with chicken being ordered almost immediately along with some side dishes for me and Gray, though our friends were more enticed and excited by the chicken than us. 'Poor Ben, he looks like he's being tortured by hearing Eugene speak about outdoor lighting. Though it is kinda cute since he looks like a sad cursed puppy.' While I ate though, my worries about Donald's fury at my absence took hold since she wasn't present at the Union meeting, though she knew missing a group hang out with her friends would arouse too much suspicion. 'I don't care much if you yell at me Donald, but keep them out of this.'

---------------------------------------------------------

"These two guerilla fighters from Yeo-Il are now executives of the Union. And..." After the spectacle of the Mok-Ha duo beating the at that sold Forrest out a pair of heels were heard as a femme fatale dressed woman walked up with a mask and stood next to Donald, red and black one-piece outfit with a short skirt, flared collar and black boots with a metal toe and heel pice masked by black fabric, "This is Daedrac. My new personal spy I'll be using if ever I have reason to suspect anyone of violating my leadership or harming the deals." She bowed as he spoke, "She is also a newly appointed executive of the Union."
---------------------------------------------------------
To be Continued.....
---------------------------------------------------------

The Outfit for context - Grace.