57: A Sadistic Demon of Battle

[There was really no way to tell him then.]

[That I would be going to a place he couldn't follow by fighting Donald.]

[That I broke the promise I made to him.]

==============================================

WEAK HERO LAST ONE | by SEOPASS x RAZEN ON WEBTOON

==============================================

"When was it that I found out about that part of myself?" That was the last question I had asked A/y/n before we began switching places, but she never gave me a straight answer. "You'll have to dig deep and remember to answer that because not even I can see that part of us." I know what she meant now. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Donald, you already know don't you?" He stared at me in surprise since when we fake dated, I never once went to him of my own will, nor would I ever. "Before you say anything, tell me an answer to the question I posed to you." He sighed, "That your sister is Daedrac, and you were covering for her the night we met each other?" My smile perked a little, "Correct, and you also know that, I will be the one to kill you. And there's no changing that fact." My eyes finally revealed the craziness under the warm e/c, and I wanted to do nothing more than tear him to pieces then and there, because deep down I've always been a psycho. Feelings of shame? I have no idea what those are, not when my target is so close and my goal is right in front of me. 

[Besides, he knows that Gray and I are the keys to either destroying or saving his system.]

He kept staring into my frenzied eyes, but did not move in the slightest as I inched nearer.

[Except, there's no point in persuading us to do so.]

"You should've known from the start that I would never love you, and that I would eventually hunt you down. Because that's just who I am." Backing up I had left him standing in the waiting room completely stunned, "I hope to one day see terror in your eyes at my hands, Donald. That would truly be divine, don't you agree?" Walking out the door, I headed to where my sweet boyfriend called me over to but I knew, that even if he didn't make a sound when I was near him...Donald was freaking out over what he could do to reverse damage and keep the Union breathing easy. Because to him...nothing mattered more than that damned Union he created, not even his own health. 'His drawer is still filled with all the medications he never took after all. Because he always claimed that money was his drug and he needed nothing else. How foolish.'

My sneakers slapping against the concrete was my music as I walked, people staring due to the black outfit I was wearing from the day before and how bizarre it looked, the gloves I was wearing making me look like a thug. "It feels good...to not hide myself anymore." My voice was creepier than I intended, which spooked some of the guys after I met up for our final strategy meeting, but given how I was it seemed natural. 'What about Gray? What about your promise to him?' That sliver of myself which persisted to try and remain intact was insufferable, because where I'm going emotions are useless along with sentimentality and empathy. If I was going to embrace that insanity inside me, I needed to become cold to the point where nothing could move my heart. I needed to forget that the person who I'm fighting is human, and that they too are capable of feeling. 'Forget it. It doesn't matter anymore.'