[ 04 ]

The stadium was packed with spectators all buzzing around excitedly before the Quidditch World Cup even began. The skies were now dark but the arena was brightly lit till the point it was even blinding to the eye! Aine climbed the stairs, led by Arthur Weasley who turned his head to check on the kids to make sure they were following closely. Hundreds, thousands of witches and wizard all over the globe were slowly making their way to their seats. 

Aine gaped at the sight of the long flight of stairs ahead, they had just passed one-third of the stadium, and there were still lots of steps more to go. She looks down, from the railings as she stared at the oval velvety field, still empty but the music playing was hyping everyone up. Gaining strength, the party persevered until they were almost a third away from their destination.

"Blimey, dad! How far up are we?" Ron gasps, taking a couple of pants to catch his breath up. Mr Weasley glanced down, smiling encouragingly at the party, "We're almost there! Right, Elliot?"

"Definitely. We're just a couple steps away from our seats!" Aine's father replies, reassuring the lot who groans, clearly exhausted from eating a little too much earlier during dinner. He pats Aine's back and the girl continued to move on, "This is just exercise!" He added.

"I don't need exercise!" Ron mumbles and Elliot places a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it light while chuckling.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the Weasleys and Estoileons." A voice chimed in from behind, and all heads turned to the voice. 

"Malfoy." Arthur greeted with a solemn nod, while Elliot gave a polite smile. "My goodness, it's such a pity that you're all positioned high above. Must be tough going to watch the show. Perhaps if you don't mind, I could offer you a lower seat?" Lucius suggests, amused at the sight of the gingers whose faces were slowly darkening.

"I appreciate the kind offer, Malfoy, but I think we'll be fine up there," Mr Weasley replies with a forced smile, wanting to move on before his emotions get the best of him. He wanted his family to enjoy the match as close as possible but his pride didn't allow it, and looking at the faces of his family, he was sure that they didn't want such pitied offer.

Lucius hums, "Well, put it this way, then... If it rains— You'll be the first one to know."

"I'm sure we could all handle a bit of rain, don't we all?" Elliot added, and Aine, Harry and Hermione nodded. 

The Malfoy clicks his tongue, eyes darting at Aine's father, and she could have sworn she heard a nasty remark from Draco's father saying, 'How unpleasant that the Estoileons have sunk into shame'.

The girl tried to say something, but Elliot firmly pats her shoulders, and she turned to him who smiled. Instead, Aine looks to Lucius, and a nasty thought crept up in her mind, and dare she glared at him which causes him to frown before her eyes locked onto the boy behind him.

"Father, Mother and I were invited into the minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge, himself!" He brags gleefully with a smug, attempting to impress Aine. However, the girl wasn't. She never liked people boasting of their status over those who were— less privileged.

"Hmm," Aine murmurs ere her eyes drift to the woman approaching the Malfoys from behind. "Why hello there, Aine," he added before noticing the girl's attention drawn away to his mother.  The boy smirks. "I bet you haven't met my mother, huh."

The Weasley children, Hermione, Harry and Aine look at the lady, her black hair was framed with strips of platinum blonde, just like her husband and son's hair. Her lips were painted in a dark shade of burgundy red and she grinned. She was... Very poised and elegant. Well, where's the surprise in that since they're a well-known noble wizarding family. Her family looked at her proudly, "This is my wife, Narcissa Malfoy," Lucius introduced.