[ 11 ]

If there was a day where things started flipping upside down and turning for the worst, it would be today. Not that anyone had seen it coming since it was so sudden and unexpected, that's what today would be like...

With the Beauxbaton Academy, Durmstrang Institute and Hogwarts students gathering in the Great Hall, the once massive-looking room had now been filled with students buzzing around excitedly as they wait for the results of the Triwizard Tournament. Tonight, three champions will be picked, three champions will battle against each other to bring pride to their school, and achieve the eternal glory from the Goblet of Fire. Or so they thought.

The hall was dimmer than usual, with the brilliant blue flames taking the attention and bringing the glow around the castle's walls along with the faint orange scones that distributed enough light for everyone to see. Everyone waited as the professors, headmasters and headmistress alongside Mr Crouch who had made his way to the staff's table. "Settle down, please," ordered Dumbledore and students began bustling to their seats, Aine sat between Hermione and Neville while Ginny was behind her with Ron. 

"Now the moment you're all waiting for— The champion selection," the Hogwarts Headmaster announced, scanning the hall as he decreases the fire on the scones to create a darker atmosphere so that all eyes would be focused on the Goblet of Fire. His hands trembled towards the goblet, tracing the inscriptions that were engraved near the rim before stepping back. Aine's eyes stared at the blue flames, dancing so elegantly before it fades to blazing scarlet flames that were fiercely crackling before it ejects a burnt parchment which Dumbledore had grabbed.

He looks at the name written on it before he turns to the Slytherin's table, "The Durmstrang champion is— Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore proclaims and Krum pumps his fist while his schoolmates growled with cheers and clapping, his friends patting his back as he stood and walked towards Dumbledore to shake his hand before stepping into the gates behind the teacher's table proudly. 

All eyes wandered back to the goblet, where the red flames changed to blue, before turning into purple, and a circle-shaped blue parchment cascades elegantly down as Dumbledore caught the second participant's entry. He strokes the folded paper that reminded Aine of a ballerina's tutu and spins to the next champion, "The champion for Beauxbatons, is Fleur Delacour!" he stated as the Beauxbaton academy jumped up with bright cheers, and Fleur's friends beamed at her, as she hugs the student Aine had bumped into previously. He nodded at her and smiled before letting her go as she joyfully struts towards Dumbledore and shook her hand. Madame Maxime gives her a tight embrace before Fleur skips to the back chambers.

As for the final victor, a parchment shot from a golden flame as everyone lay in silence, wondering who the Hogwarts champion will represent the school. Dumbledore takes the paper and unfolded it, with a grin on his face he reveals, "The Hogwarts champion is... Cedric Diggory!" 

The hall clamoured with 'yays' as they watch the Hufflepuff's prefect shake his friends' hands with a radiating smile that only make people get captivated by him. Ron and Harry cheered loudly and whistled while Ginny and Aine burst out with claps to cheer him on. The Hufflepuff's students were ecstatic, for the first time in so long, they weren't shadowed by anyone and that motivated Cedric a lot, they were all happy for him despite those who didn't get picked, and the other houses applauded as he nips towards the Headmaster whose eyes twinkled when he hugged the boy.

Cedric walked to the back of the hall, casting a glance of thanks to his mates before he joins the other two champions.

As the three victors were chosen, the hall was left in a state of frenzy but it was soon calmed down when Dumbledore flared his arms, "Excellent! Now that we have our three outstanding champions. Only one will only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions this vessel of victory— the Triwizard Cup!" he declares, pointing to the covered object as the cloth covering it unveils the majestic trophy.