[ 13 ]

The hallway was buzzing with students and unlike before, something feels a little different. Aine and Ginny were on their way back from their Potions class when the girls spotted something unusual. Aine leans to Ginny, with a low and quiet voice, she asked, "Hey, Gin. What are those people wearing on their robes?" 

Ginny's eyes travelled to a nearby Slytherin student and saw a bright orange and yellow striped badge pinned to their clothing, "I think it's some kind of campaign. I've been seeing it all day too," she replies, not really caring or taking an interest in those sort of things. Aine peeks at a group of students sitting by the stoned benches by the walls and caught sight of the badge which reads 'Cedric Diggory' with the Hufflepuff's champion's face on it. She raises a brow, watching it swirl into a lime green picture of Harry frowning, and the words that are displayed in gooey fonts 'Potter Stinks'. Walking straight to a Ravenclaw girl in the group who was proudly showing the badge to her friends who all wore the same, Aine snatched the pin off her robes, causing the girl to turn to look at her with puzzled glares, "Hey, what's your problem?" 

"Where did you get this?" Aine questions, glowering at the girl. Ginny turned to her friend, suddenly spotting her friend pinning another student down when she was complaining all about class and immediately rushed to her side, "Aine, calm down! What's wrong?" 

"Let go of me!" the Ravenclaw student screams, trying her best to get out of Aine's clutch but the girl simply tightens her grip on her, "Answer the question."

"I just got it from my classmate! Alright! He said some dude was distributing them out!" she reveals and Aine presses on, "What dude?" her golden eyes were fiery as they bore into the girl's wide eyes, panicking. 

"There's this group of fourth-year Slytherin boys!" she exclaimed, Aine's eyes growing bigger, it can't be... It can't be him. No...

While she was lost in her thoughts, the girl took her chance and broke free of Aine's grip on her, panting as she frowns, "Oh my god, you're crazy! Look, if you want one of those, just ask nicely, I'll give them to you!" she tells her, straightening her uniform out while her eyes never leaving Aine's.

"Do you have it?" Aine asks, returning to her calm demeanour like the snap of a finger.

"Yeah, of course! I was planning to give them to my housemates, spread the word that Potter stinks and that we should support Diggory!" the girl boasts, foolishly showing Aine her stash of the badges. 

"Perfect," the raven-haired girl smiled, offering a hand to take them, "I'll do it for you." 

"Wow, really?"

"Mmhm." 

"Here, I'll give you five of them," the girl drops the pins on Aine's palms, not knowing what she had in mind. 

"Aine?" Ginny called to her friend, confused.

"Thank you," she says sweetly to the girl before she closes her palms with the five badges. Then all of the sudden, it burst into flames in front of everyone's eyes. 

"Oh my god, Aine! Your hand!" Aine's friend gasped, taking her book she was hugging to fan the flames out. 

"It's fine, Gin. Don't worry about it," Aine reassures, letting some of the ashes of the pin's surface seep through her fingers and down to the bag of 'Potter Stinks' badges before she let go of them all. The embers on the ashes spread onto the other pins and likewise the ones in her palms, they were all burnt, leaving black scorched badges in return. The Ravenclaw student's friends were all loss for words before the girl lashed out at Aine, "What was that for?!"

"I got rid of them for you. You don't have to give away that many now— or rather, there's nothing to give away anymore!" Aine smiles, beaming brightly before she shot her a look, "You don't need those pins. No one needs those pins. So I helped you to discard them," she replied before turning her heels, leaving them all dumbstruck with gaping mouths.