[ 29 ]

Finally, the long-awaited twenty-fourth of June arrived. It was the last day of the Triwizard Tournament and the last task that was much anticipated had come. The morning of the last task, students were even more excited than they were for the first and second tasks, and like the rest, Aine and her friends were both thrilled but afraid of it. The last task marks the hardest and the trickiest to get through without doubt, and they were all sure that the dangers will be nothing like Harry's ever been through. Even so, the boy was confident for this final task, he had done everything in his power to prepare himself for it— his blood and sweat shed from training with his friends, learning spells and of course, tackling creatures with the help of Hagrid.

It was the last task which meant that this was the final hurdle and no matter how bad or good he is going to perform, it was going to end after this last obstacle. He would finally be free of the burdened title 'champion' that was glued to him since he had begun his fourth year and that was an enormous relief.

Aine and her friends gave Harry one last moment together before he proceeded on to meet the other champions to prepare for the final task. Hermione was already in tears, fearing for her precious friend while Ron simply gave him one last tight hug, no words were needed since they all knew how each other had felt. Aine for one was particularly quiet, Harry moves to her and reaches for her hand in which she squeezes, she looks to him dead in the eye and spoke, "Can't you just run away now? I have a bad feeling about this, Harry..." 

The boy returns with a smile, "You know that wouldn't work. I'm still bound to the tournament one way or another."

"But—"

"You don't have to say anything and I'll still know. I'm going to be fine, don't worry!" he reassured her and the girl swallowed before letting go of something in his palms.

Harry unfolded his fingers to see a small green glass pebble-like stone in his palms, "I enchanted it so that it protects you when you're in the third task," she told him and he smiles.

"You didn't have to..."

Aine closes his fingers, "Keep it, and promise me that you will be safe," she said, urging him. 

He chuckles, "I am never safe the moment I got myself in this stupid tournament."

"You break that, and I'll kill you!" she joked.

Harry gave a fake gasped with surprise, "I'll be sure to keep it safe then."

"You better!"

"Thank you, Aine," Harry mutters, giving her one big bear hug before they let go, it was time to gather at the Quidditch Pitch. "See you guys in a moment," bid Harry as he waves to his friends, running along with Cedric to meet the other victors.

Aine and her friends gathered together at the Quidditch Pitch for the final task and when they were there, their mouths hung open at the sight of the maze that greeted them, it was magically enchanted that it stretched miles and miles over the pitch until they couldn't see the other side. One word to describe, it was massive. By the time they had taken their seats, the pitch was filled with students of the three schools that were divided by the stands, and in the centre of it was the staff stands where the three headmasters sat with professors and the victors' parents. 

The pitch was filled with rowdy cheers and enthusiastic applause as the band played cheerfully led by Professor Flitwick. When the four champions took their place on the field, each accompanied by a mentor, the roars of cheering only grew. First to arrive was Amos Diggory, who proudly skipped in and curtsied at the crowd as his son walks out, earning screams from his housemates and friends. Then came Fleur Delacour with Madame Maxime and the Beauxbaton students started doing a little dance as they sang in unison with the sweetest voice to their champion. After the lady, Krum fisted the air as he enters the arena, Karkaroff giving off his usual brooding vibes but this time, he was grinning with confidence. Last but not least came Harry lumbering in behind Dumbledore, he glances around at the crowd and a smile only appeared when he saw his friends waving enthusiastically at him.