[ 28 ]

It felt like it was only yesterday that Aine's third year started and now she's facing her last exam of the year. Aine's eyes were fixed on the examination paper where she scans the question before her hand automatically went scribbling down the answers for the Defense Against the Dark Arts paper. Just a few hours ago they were having practical exams and now it was mostly theory. As she went on without much problems with the questions before she pauses and glanced up, feeling a sort of disconcerting feeling, her eyes met Moody's whirling eye before she furrowed at him and he turned away. 

Since earlier, when she had to face her Boggart once more this year, he had been eyeing on her way too intensely that it made her uncomfortable (not that he has never), she couldn't help but wonder why was he so interested in what she's been doing that he seldom looks at other students but her. Was there something on her face or did he see something in her that piqued his curiosity? Nonetheless, it was a relief that she had managed to cast away her Boggart earlier, it was something that she wasn't confident about amongst her other subjects this year but when she saw the same Boggart she had experienced before during classes, something had sparked inside her that made her determined. Was it because she had been dreaming and seeing the same figure over and over again this year?

The towering figure that revealed itself to be a hooded woman with the same golden eyes lumbered towards her as she continued to send the entire room filled with her piercing heart-wrenching cries. Before it felt like the screams were to intimidate her, it was as if she had gone hysterical but when she heard it now, they felt sadder, and the once creepy screams sounded more sorrowful and miserable. It all became the reason to make it happier and funnier, so when Aine had managed to cast the Riddikulus charm successfully, the weeping figure soon started cackling before it started giggling happily despite the hooded figure stumbling over its hood and rolled away into a thick carpet stump that reminded Aine of the Yule Log Cake much to her surprise. 

Aine gulped at the thought of the delicious Yule Cake and balled her fist, she was going to treat herself to some of Madam Puddifoot's cake after her exams to relieve herself from the stress she was having. She plays with her quill as her eyes stare blankly at the answer she just wrote down, growing irritated by Moody's staring because it was tainting her focus. She heaved out a sigh, making the students around her cast an uneasy look, chewing her lips, she decides to shake the feeling away to complete her paper.

After an hour, the time was finally up and as papers were being passed forward, Aine leaned back to her chair and stretches her neck and fingers before closing her eyes for a brief second to relax as it marks the end of the examinations of her third year. All that's left before the second term ends is the third and final task that will take place tomorrow.

The students then buzzed out of the examination halls, heads either hung low without any spirit or held high, thankful that their last paper was finally over and that holidays would be arriving once more. Ginny gave an exasperated sigh as she hugs Aine's arm, "I hope the answers are right. I knew the other papers were tough but this one seemed significantly harder."

"I'm sure you did your best, Gin!" Aine reassures with a pat on her back before her eyes met a certain Ravenclaw boy waiting outside their classroom, she raises a curious brow before Ginny gulps, sliding away awkwardly to the boy's side, "Uh... Right! Michael, this is Aine Estoileon. Aine, this is Michael Corner, my... Boyfriend," she introduces, studying Aine's expression. 

Her eyes narrowed slightly and Michael stretches his hand out, "Pleasure to meet you, Estoileon."

Aine drifted to his hand before shaking it, her eyes never leaving his face, "Likewise, Corner," she smiles politely, gazing at Ginny who purses her lips into a thin smile.