[ 33 ]

It was almost time that Aine had arrived back at King's Cross station after departing Hogwarts hours ago. Another year was over and this year left on a bittersweet note after the events that happened. Even so, Aine was glad that it was over and done with, she didn't need another year like this one repeating next but on the brighter side, she didn't just pass her examinations with flying colours, she made some new friends and even found a family which she never knew she had. She wondered how would her father react when she tells him all about it. 

However, she was dreading it a little to find out her father's response, would he be delighted that she knew the truth? She wanted to know why he kept it away as a secret from her knowing how lonely she was growing up alone even with him by her side.

She sighed as she watches the scenery outside the window move by in a blur before it was pitch black as they had gotten into a tunnel. Looking back at her friends, she saw George's eyes on her and she blinks away, shifting to an upright position before she peeks back at him to see him smiling back at her. Her lips flattened into a thin line before curling upwards, she still couldn't quite shake away the awkward feeling between them and it was mostly on her part since he had told her that he could wait.

The compartment door slammed open with Harry and Ron scooting into the already packed cabin. It was already filled with the Weasley twins, Hermione, Ginny, and Aine and with the two boys, it was seven people in the carriage. Ginny scoffs at her brother, pushing her as he took a seat at her former's. They playfully bickered and Fred was, as usual, egging them on while Hermione and Harry couldn't care less since they fight around pretty much all the time. George chuckles at his siblings and Aine was rolling her eyes, trying to diffuse the tension but gave up after one second. 

"Jeez, I hate you!" Ginny exclaimed, tired of pursuing the argument and Ron smirks, "I win."

"No, you won because I let you!"

"I won because you lost."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever!" the girl retorted, crossing her arms as she shuffles her seat closer to Aine who patted her head. 

"Chill, Gin. Take a breath and calm yourself down."

"You're so much better than him, Ai. Ugh, why is he so annoying!" huffs the girl and Ron clicks his tongue. 

"I can hear you!"

Aine and her friends laugh at them, shaking their heads before Hermione pulls open the top of the windows to let the cold breeze cool down the redheads. It wasn't long until Ginny stood up and pulled Aine along out of the cabin, "I want to take a walk. Walk with me, Aine~"

"Want to come along, Mione?" the raven-haired girl asks and the girl shook her head. 

"I'm good. You girls go on ahead. I'll just look after these boys so they don't cause too much trouble." She beckons them to go before eyeing Ron who gave her a wide-eyed look, shrugging. 

"Alrighty! See ya~" Ginny bids before skipping along the narrow pathways of the train's corridor.

Aine narrowed her eyes at her as she hums to a tune, "You just want someone to accompany you to find your boyfriend, don't you?"

A grin crept onto Ginny's face as her eyes dart over to the girl who pouted, "You know me so well. But hey, I can toss you to Malfoy when we're on the way. You guys can flirt all you want then!" 

Aine's pupils grew large at her statement and she quickly covers her friend's mouth, "Ginny!" she hushed and the ginger-haired girl's voice muffled through her hand. 

"Don't pretend you hate that."

"We are just friends! Like close friends."

"Yeah, like hell I believe that!"