[ 10 ]

The day before the announcement of the Triwizard Tournament champions was chosen, Aine and Ginny hurried towards the Great Hall after their Defense Against the Dark Arts class. As usual, the lesson was full of learning about the Unforgivable Curses and even, experimenting with it in a practical approach (as Moody declared). Earlier today, they were required to be placed under the Imperius Curse and had to break free from the spell. Resulting in Aine being rewarded with horrible migraines for the whole day. As much as it had affected her, Ginny was very much distressed about it too, unsettled about the class since she knew perfectly well— too well, what it's like to be controlled and taunted. 

"Are you alright, Gin? You seemed a little quiet." Aine asks, concerned as her friend sighs loudly, "I'm not but I'm trying to be."

"It's about the lesson, isn't it?" the girl said, looking down onto their polished leather shoes that were being drenched with rain droplets. Ginny nodded, clasping Aine's hand, "It's just horrible. Every time I am controlled by the stupid curse, I can't help but recall the time where Tom— Volder— Him," she stammers, and Aine purses her lips, listening to her friend's concerns, "And I can never break free from it. This is ridiculous..." 

Ginny's dismay left Aine lost for words, not knowing what to say to lighten her friend's spirits up because she knew how much it has been affecting Ginny ever since the incident. So, all she could do was to listen to her anxieties and offer a shoulder for her friend. "I'm sorry, this is all so depressing, isn't it?" Ginny asks, and Aine looks at her, "Not at all, Gin. Feel free to pour your heart out, it'll make you feel better. I'm always here for you, so if you need anything or some cheering, I'll ask Fred and George to teach me some cool tricks to show it to you!" She grins and Ginny chuckles, squeezing her hands once more, "Thank you, Ai. Oh, I'm so lucky to have a friend like you!" she faked cries, making Aine pat her back to reassure her, "Come on! Shall we run in the rain?" 

"And get drenched and fall sick afterwards?" Ginny raises a brow, "Mmhm. Well, yeah. Maybe?" Aine answers, a playful smirk creeping on both of their faces. 

"I love that!" the red-head girl replies gleefully, before tapping on Aine's shoulders, "Deal! I'll race you to the hall!" she mutters, grinning mischievously as she ran into the rain, into the courtyard with Aine chasing behind her, perfectly well soaked in the pouring rain but she didn't care about it. The stormy clouds whirled with the wind were muffled out by the girls' laughter, drowning out the thoughts that were bothering them a while ago as they made their way to the Great Hall to catch up with their other friends.

They managed to reach the entrance, but Aine had already caught Ginny, making the girl pout and complaining how she cheated, "No fair, you have such long legs!"

"Come on, Gin. Long legs have nothing to do with speed!" Aine giggles, earning a rolled eye from her friend, "Yeah, totally! You should join the marathon, I bet you'll win it." retorted Ginny as she huffs, squeezing her robes dry before they enter the hall while Aine tore her robes away from her body and flung the water away. "Doing laundry, Estoileon?" the voice said from behind, amused and the two girls turned to the boy.

"Hello, Draco." greeted Aine while Ginny merely nods to him, "Malfoy."

"Fancy seeing you here, both of you." Draco simpers, his tone making Aine frown at him, before he realizes it, "Sorry," he quickly apologizes, and Aine smiles. "Here to put your name in the goblet?" she asks him, knowing for sure he was not of age to enter the competition. Draco shakes his head, "Nope," he says, popping the 'p'. 

"We're here to see who puts their name on the goblet. Needed some entertainment in this gloomy weather." The boy reveals, Aine eyes at his friends behind him, Crabbe and Goyle who were munching onto snacks, she wondered how they're always being able to stuff themselves up even after meals. "I think it's perfect for a nap, in my opinion," she tells him and he snickers, "Well, I have to agree with that."