[ 15 ]

*Warning: This chapter contains mentions of trigger and panic attacks*

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Aine?

Aine!

"ESTOILEON!"

"What?" the girl shot up, her voice raising a little too loudly as her eyes widened in surprise as she saw the stern look on Professor Moody's face. He was right in front of her as his magical eye rotated in all directions before stopping at Aine. "Oh! Hello," she blurted awkwardly and he narrowed his eye at her, "Are you ready to face your fears?" he questions, his voice low and menacing.

"Oh, yes!" Aine responded excitedly and Moody steps away from her to the sides with a huff. Today was finally the day where she gets to discover what her Boggart was after weeks of practical and theoretical lessons of the three Unforgivable curses as well as other dark curses. Many were thrilled for today's class that everyone turned up early and on time so that they could each get a turn in finding out what their Boggart was. Although there was a wave of uneasiness amongst them, the class was eager to find out what they fear the most and defeat it.

"Now, remember to say very clearly! It's Riddikulus! You have to say it as precisely as you can!" Moody reminded her and Aine nods her head, taking a deep breath as she took a step forward. All she had to do was to think about what scares her the most, what makes her tremble with fright, and wishes to escape from, what makes her not want to think, or see? Picture it, she said in her head before her eyes opened after figuring what she fears. Aine then thought of something that amuses her, something hilarious that could turn horror into something fun to dispel it with enjoyment. 

The class waited for her to finish imagining, Ginny was right behind her and she too was equally as nervous as she was for Aine. She heard a small snicker from her friend as she watches Aine's lips curl slightly before her eyes gleamed. Aine exuded a great deal of confidence as she nodded to her professor who hobbled towards the wooden wardrobe, looking back to Aine to check if she's ready.

Aine gaze was fixated on her reflection at the reflective panels on the wardrobe before shifting to the knob as it slowly turns; followed by a sharp creaking noise. "Your wand!" Moody yells and she hastily grabs on her sleek black wand and pointed it to the darkness within. She squints into it, she imagined a large blob of shadow emitting from the shade but instead, it was a little black crow that flew out, it sang so suddenly that Aine could feel her classmates flinched at it.

The crow was barely a couple of steps away from her, and its beady red eyes met Aine's. Its blade-like talons tapped on the polished floors, almost as if counting down the seconds, provoking her attention. Aine took a deep breath, "Say it clearly and carefully!" he commented.

Another nod was given from Aine, she let her fears erupt from her mind and focused on the little bird. Darkness swirled around it after a few seconds and the crow's wings were spread out, fluttering and black feathers rained down like hail. And then, it transformed—

A woman? 

Aine's eyebrows crumple at the sight of the woman, she blinks back her confusion not letting her guard down even for a second. Instead, her wand was already pointing ahead of her, what's so frightening about this woman? She couldn't understand. She recalled the fear she had thought earlier, and it was completely different now than it had manifested. It wasn't even close to what she had believed to be but what caught her off guard was what came after. "Ri—"