[ 12 ]

The unexpected announcement of Harry being a Triwizard champion spread across Hogwarts like wildfire and after the short interview with Rita Skeeter, a journalist who writes false stories to entertain her rabid readers. This of course made Harry receive even more attention with the article that Skeeter had written, the truth being twisted and warped into a fabricated story.  As much as it had made Harry frustrated and annoyed, there was nothing he could do because he couldn't find any proof showing he was falsely accused of putting his name in the Goblet of Fire. Not to mention the friendship between him and Ron were damaged because of all those stories Skeeter had written. This resulted in them being in non-speaking terms, which affected Hermione, Ginny and Aine who were torn on who should be on whose side.

Some night in November, Aine had woken in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep due to her insomnia. Her groans were muffled as she stepped out of bed, tip-toeing out of the room so that she wouldn't wake her friends up and decided to lay around the lounge of the Gryffindor common room. She rubbed her eyes sleepily as she threaded down the stairs, freezing as soon as she heard two people whispering. Just who on Earth is awake like her at this hour, let alone talking so quietly and secretive. Aine contemplated for a moment, wondering if she should just head back to her room and stay in there or just head down as planned. 

Rolling her eyes, she decided to advance down anyways, feeling the need to warm up in the cold weather and if they didn't want her there, she'll then leave. She took a deep breath before walking down, meeting a pair of bewildered eyes who were staring at her, "Harry!" she exclaimed softly, "What are you doing up?" she asks, narrowing her eyes at what the boy was trying so hard— a little too hard to prevent her from looking. 

"I could ask you the same question?" he replies, weary as she stepped closer to him, her eyes catching sight of a familiar face on the hearth. "Sirius...?" She mutters the man's name and Harry's eyes widen again, blocking the fireplace before Aine scoffs, "You don't need to hide it from me, Harry. I already saw it."

She could hear the faint chuckle from Sirius before Harry unwillingly steps away, "Hello, Sirius," Aine greeted the man's face who was grinning, "Aine! How have you been, doll?"

"Well, not that good because Ron and Harry are fighting and Hermione along with Ginny and I had are awkwar— Oops!" She stops, realizing Harry was with them, "I spoke too much, didn't I?  Hehe," she giggles, flustered before glancing to Harry who slumps against the leg of the couch, defeated, "Sorry, you feel that way. But he was just being mean and rude." 

Sirius looks to Harry, "He's your friend, Harry... You should sort things out with him." The boy sneers, shaking his head, "That's what I've been trying to do, but he just won't listen!" he said, growing angrier before his godfather gently shushes him to calm down.

"What were you both talking about anyways?" Aine questions before Harry looks to Sirius, wondering whether they should let her in, and the girl seemed to have caught on as she added, "If you don't want me to know, I can just leave. Don't worry about it," she suggests before her friend sighed, "We were just talking about how everything seems to be connected. The Death Eaters arriving at the World Cup and my name rising from the Goblet of Fire, aren't just coincidences... " 

"What are you saying?" Aine furrowed, confused and Harry gulped, "It means Hogwarts isn't safe anymore, Aine..."

"Well, it's never been safe ever since I enrolled," Aine answered, noting the fact how every year of Hogwarts for her so far was full of problems and dangers: first year with the Basilisk and Tom Riddle, second year with having dealt with a professor who changes into a Werewolf and encountering the mass murderer, Sirius Black who turned out to be accused and now this. She wouldn't be surprised if it continues, "Is Hogwarts cursed or something? Or am I cursed?"