[ 34 ]

The rays of the afternoon sun bathed the Estoileon little home and the breeze that came had made all the growing crops around their house sway and dance. Summer had finally come after the bitter end of Spring and came to another chapter written in Aine's diary. The girl was writing another entry in her little book that Ginny had given her as a birthday present years ago at her little reading nook. She pauses for a second, taking a sip of the flower tea that she had specially brewed a while ago before continuing.

Life outside of Hogwarts went by slowly and peacefully, something she had never got to have whilst her stay at the castle. Though the adventures were fun and thrilling, she craved calmness and quietness. She took a peek at her father who was resting his chin at the kitchen's counter, slowly nodding off to a nap as he waited for the new batch of potions to come to a boil. Chuckling to herself, she got back to her writing and finished up the remaining words she wishes to pour into the pages.

However, moments later, a silvery twinkling sound of the wind chimes outside their door had rung before a couple of knocks followed. Elliot jolted awake, squinting his eyes at the blinding light from the tiny window at the door. He rubs his eyes to rid of the sleepiness before looking over to his daughter who places her quill down, shrugging. They got up at once in unison before proceeding over to the wooden door, wondering why no one was speaking behind the entrance. 

Odd, they both thought together and Aine's father reaches for the handles before pulling it open. His heart dropped at the sight and his eyes went wide at the figure and he stumbles back a few steps, his mouth parting open to a gasp as he realizes who it was. It has been so long since he saw him but Elliot had still recognised him without fail. His daughter peeks out behind him before spotting the familiar ash blonde hair and dark green eyes that fluttered softly when they met hers. 

Her lips twitched into a beaming smile before running into his arms, "Aion!"

The Beauxbaton boy she met previously was standing in front of her house, but it wasn't just any friend of hers. It was her real brother, and he came back. Back to his real home.

Aion grins at his little sister, tightly hugging her before crouching down and offering her a small bouquet of blue roses. Miracle, that was what the flower symbolizes. Aine smiles at it, gently taking it as she mutters a small 'thanks' before dragging him into their home. But before he entered a single foot into the house, he halted and glanced at the man next to Aine who was still in shock at the sight of him. It had been more than a decade since he had seen him, ever since he had left with his mother and had returned a couple of times to see his sister. He was never able to meet his father face to face due to the guilt that had tainted him. Words had failed him even though he had practised countless times for this very scenario.

His smile faded as soon as he saw Elliot, he had aged quite a fair bit since the time he last saw him and his hair was in a lighter shade than his. But what caught the young man's attention was the fact that his father's eyes were no longer like his, no longer the colour of the forest, it was no longer green as his. 

Instead, it was golden. Gold like the blinding sun. Gold, just like his precious sister's eyes.

Elliot caught on his son's gaze before looking behind him for a split second, he was just completely flabbergasted for words and all he could do was stare at the young man's face. Memories of the past began to surface and his brows contorted when he remembered how they left, his heart ached when he was reminded of his wife leaving, hand in hand with the small boy, out of their home, out of his life and never to return. Until now.

He couldn't comprehend it, he didn't know how to act especially since it has been so long that his son who was standing in front of him seemed like a stranger. His eyes trailed to his daughter, still smiling at his son and he wondered if she had learnt of the truth. When he saw the look in her eyes, he instantly knew that she had found out about who he was to her. Yet, was it a relief that he had felt or was it anxiousness? If she had discovered the truth of the existence of her brother, what is to stop her from knowing the rest of the story? The thought of that made Elliot shudder, No... It's too soon. Sure, she may have been able to handle this, but those secrets after? It would make her crumble. It would destroy her.