[ 08 ]

The next day came by quick, there was still today before classes official starts. Upon yesterday's arrival back to Hogwarts, Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts announced that today will be the day where two wizarding schools will arrive for the Triwizard Tournament. Not much has been mentioned about the competition other than three schools will compete with one another to bring glory to their respective schools. As of right now, Aine was standing alongside Ginny and Hermione, gazing out of the courtyard windows waiting for the two schools to come. 

"I wonder how are they going to come here?" Aine asks, and the girls shrugged, "Maybe they come in brooms! Like Quidditch!" Hermione suggests while Ginny added on, "Or perhaps their school just apparate here instantly!"

"Or maybe, they'll come by in a spaceship!" Ron interrupts, "Space ship?" Aine asks, and Ron looked to her dubiously, "Don't you know what a spaceship is, Aine?"

"Is it an animal or something? Or a galactical... Ship?" She answers, she never heard such a weird word before, let alone learned the meaning of it. Ron gave a loud sigh, rubbing his temples, "Do you know what's a spaceship, Harry?" the ginger-head asks his best friend who nodded, "Of course you do." Ron finishes for him. Aine stared at the both of them, Hermione was merely smiling while Ginny wasn't interested in what a spaceship was. Her eyes were glued to the reflection of the skies at the black lake.

"It's a vehicle where Aliens ride to come to Earth. Something like a plate." Harry explains to Aine who jerks her head backwards, "Aliens come to Earth on a plate?" Ron rolls his pupils again, groaning. "No! No— Um..." Harry stumbles on his words, trying to find a perfect definition of it. Seeing Harry nervously trying to figure out what a 'spaceship' was, Hermione jumped in, "It's a spacecraft, a space vehicle controlled by a crew. It's often described as a vehicle Aliens came into Earth by."

"THANK YOU," Ron says loudly, sarcasm in his tone. 

"Oh, alright. Cool." It was all that Aine replied, making her friends burst out into laughter before their fits of laughing came to a halt when a loud neighing sound erupted from the skies from nowhere. "HERE THEY COME!" Hagrid says excitedly, waving two fans into the air to direct the carriage to where they were supposed to alight.

"Are those..."

"Unicorns." Ginny finishes with a gasp, her eyes twinkling at the sight of the many silver unicorns that were pulling a large light blue and golden carriage. It was massive like a house and so were the unicorns pulling it. As it swept past the students, as they cheered and applauded for their arrival. Although nothing much is known about them, there were whisperings about the school they were from was located in France. 

Fred and George turned up behind Aine and Ginny, both ruffling the girls' hairs, "That's something you don't see every day," Fred nudges George who was beaming at the magical carriage. Students were bustling around the courtyard, eager to get a glimpse of the arrivals of the other wizarding schools. It wasn't long until there was a loud acoustic horn that ejected from the black lake and soon enough, a flag raised on a pole emerged from the waters, ejecting into a bold, large skeletal ship that reminded Aine of the dragon on the galleon coins as it crashed onto the lake, sending massive harsh waves in all directions. Their school flag was plastered on the fabric fearlessly as it thunders with the wind.

Another roar of applause was heard from Aine's school, everyone eagerly greeting the schools as they made their way to the ground, and anchored to the shore.

That evening, before dinner had started in the Great Hall, all staffs and students were patiently seated in their seats, nervous and excited as Dumbledore stepped up to the Owl Lecturn, his lips curled upwards as he announced to the school, "Now that we are all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This year, as many of you already know— This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well."