Chapter 3: Impromptu Sleepover: Truth or Dare

- Steven's P.O.V.

It's been a long time since I've had a sleepover. I didn't think that Mabel would suddenly throw one in the shack, but I guess there's nothing wrong with that. I've been able to sleep well for a while now.

Despite it being an unplanned sleepover, Mabel did pretty well in getting all of the things for one. We wait in the living room for the delivery person. I keep looking at my phone on the couch while Mabel plays with Waddles on the floor.

*Knock knock knock!*

Mabel gasps.

"PIZZA'S HERE!" She screams.

She quickly runs to the door while Waddles and I follow after her. She suddenly trips on a loose floorboard and I catch her without hesitation.

"Oh my!" She exclaims.

"Oh sorry, did I scare you?" I ask, a bit nervous that I probably crossed a boundary.

She blushes slightly and smiles.

"No, you didn't." She says happily.

I put her down and we walk towards the door with Waddles following closely. We open the door to see the delivery person.

"Hello, I have your order of...two extra large pizzas, mozzarella sticks, brownies, and two 2-liter sodas."

"Oh great!" I exclaim.

"That'll be $28.45."

I pull out three $20 dollar bills and hand it to the pizza delivery person.

"$60?" They ask.

"Whoa, $60?" Mabel asks in awe.

"You can keep the change. Thank you for bringing our food." I say as politely as possible.

"W-wow, thanks man."

"No problem." I say while grabbing the food.

"Have a great night!" Mabel exclaims.

Mabel closes the door and I make sure I have everything in place. We go upstairs to the twins room to find everyone else waiting. Everyone is in their pajamas already. I see a bunch of different colored sleeping bags on the floor, as well as the twins beds being neatly made. I see Waddles enter and lie down next to Dipper.

"We're back." Mabel says happily.

"Oh great, I'm starving!" Dani exclaims.

I set everything down and open up the pizza boxes. The first one is half pepperoni, half meat lovers. And the second pizza is a veggie pizza. Waddles suddenly comes up and sniffs the pizza lightly. Everyone comes around to look at the pizzas. I see Tucker look at the veggie pizza with a weird face.

"What kind of pizza is that?" Tucker asks.

"It's a Spinach feta cheese pizza with black olives." I say.

"Well that's...interesting." Dipper says.

"You guys don't have to eat it if you don't want to." I state a bit nervously.

"No that's not what we--sorry we didn't mean it like that." Danny says, feeling bad.

"No I get it. Not everyone would like this sort of thing." I reassure.

Jazz looks closer at the pizza, and so does Sam.

"It doesn't look bad, actually." Jazz says.

"Yeah, it looks good." Sam exclaims.

"It really does! I'm just glad they had some vegetarian options." I state happily.

Everyone looks at me with a surprised expression.