Chapter 4: Impromptu Sleepover: Nightmares

A/N: This is a warning. Things might be a little graphic/triggering for some. Just for Dipper's part. This is a shorter chapter, after all. You've been warned.

- Dipper's P.O.V.

I stare at the ceiling, not being able to sleep. I can't believe we saw them up close! We saw Danny Phantom and his companion! They defeated the Box Ghost guy with ease! I grab my mini journal and I start writing down more observations. Both pages were filled to the brim with my notes! I made sure to contain myself since everyone else is sleeping.

I look at everyone to make sure that they're asleep. I look at Mabel first and I see she's in a deep sleep. I also see Waddles snuggled up next to her, as usual. I look at the floor to see Sam, Tucker, and Jazz sleeping away in their sleeping bags. Steven, Danny, and Dani are in the other room.
...there should really be an indicator as to which one I'm talking about. Both of them having the same name is getting confusing!

Anyway, I continue to look at my observations that I had written down in the past few weeks. I start to write in some more on a new page.

As I do, I start to feel somewhat tired..

************

I open my eyes to see that I'm outside...wait..why am I outside?! I look around to see that I'm in the forest. Not just the forest, but the specific part of the forest where I first found the journal last summer! I go to the tree and knock it.

*THUNK, THUNK!*

Same tree! I manage to activate the mechanism and the spot opens! I look to see the journal! I found it! I can't believe it!

...wait, it's looks different. The journal is yellow! Instead of a 6-fingered hand symbol with a number 3, there's a triangle with an infinity symbol on it!

Suddenly, I hear it. That laugh, that malicious laugh! The journal shakes violently and I immediately throw it to the ground! The book jerks and cracks excessively, it's transforming! I see blood coming out with each movement! I scream at the horror I'm witnessing!

"Piiiiiiine Treeeee!"

I look up to see the monster that I haven't seen in so long, Bill Cipher!

"Oh, boy! It's good to be back!" He yells happily.

I hide behind the tree out of fear. Not again! I don't want to dream about him again!

"You're so funny, Pine Tree! You think you can hide from me!" He exclaims, "I can see you!"

The trees suddenly grows eyes and they all look at me!

"Aww don't hide from me! Don't you want to spend some time with me?"

"No!" I scream.

"Aw come on, I want to have some fun!" He says gleefully.

I start running off! I run as far as my legs can carry me!

"Let's put on a puppet show!"

I suddenly see myself appear with strings attached to my limbs! The other me laughs and his head turns a complete 180!

"I'm Dipper! The fun possessed dummy! I love to solve mysteries! Too bad I'm not meant to last!" The other me exclaims.

The other me deteriorates in front of me! All that is left is bones and my hat! Wait, it's getting up!

"I'm a silly skeleton now!" The skeleton yells!

It laughs! The laugh gets more distorted as it goes on!