Chapter 20: Just Being Human (Steven's P.O.V.)

- Steven's P.O.V.

And there they go. I just hope that they stay safe.

"Steven, maybe you should cook for us more often. Maybe more types of breakfast. " Mr. Stan says with a smile.

"Stanley." Mr. Ford says in a stern tone.

"What? It's a suggestion! The kid is a great cook."

"I wouldn't mind cooking a little more." I admit.

Now that I think about it, I think I made one too many heart pancakes. Ever since our date yesterday, I've been nothing but happy. I still am! I should send Connie a good morning text!

I grab my phone off the counter. Huh? Kim texted me. Let's see...oh. It looks like she ran into some trouble earlier today. There's still more of them...?

*THUD*...*THUD*...*THUD*

"Oh no, it's the start of Mesozoic Playground!" Soos exclaims.

*THUD*...*THUD*...*THUD*

"Sweetie, I doubt it's dinosaurs making the Earth shake." Melody says.

*THUD*...*THUD*...

"They stopped?" Mr. Ford asks.

Before anything else could be said, a bright flash of light comes through the window. It lasts for a few seconds, much to the confusion of the adults.

"What the hell?" Mr. Stan says in a confused tone.

"It's another anomaly, I'm sure of it." Mr. Ford says sternly.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" We hear.

"That's a lady's voice." Soos points out.

I sigh audibly. The adults turn to me in confusion. Right, I almost forgot.

"That's not an anomaly. I know that voice." I state, "Come on."

I walk out of the kitchen with everyone following behind me. I get to the front door and...nothing? What? We walk out of the Shack and look around. Maybe I'm mistaken?

"Ah, there you are."

I turn to see Blue coming around the corner. She's shorter? She must've changed her size to something more reasonable. That doesn't stop her from being taller than everyone else though. Not only that, her outfit is different too. She's wearing a more summer-based blue two piece dress with light blue wedges. And a cream-colored sunhat.

"That's one tall blue lady." Mr. Stan states.

"Hi, Blue. I see you've changed your outfit...and height." I say.

"Why, of course. I wanted to have proper attire for this time of year, as well as a human height." She explains calmly.

"10 feet isn't exactly a height humans can reach naturally." I state.

"Steven, you know this woman?" Mr. Ford asks.

"Yeah, she's one of the Diamonds. This is Blue Diamond." I answer.

"Diamond? Oh! Yes, you've provided me some info about what gems are and how the system worked." Mr. Ford says, "Due to this information, I remembered that I had looked into Gems in the past. The Diamonds are essentially monarchs, are they not?"

"In English, Sixer." Mr. Stan says.

"He's asking if the Diamonds are like queens or leaders. And they were until I came along and changed that." I chime in.

"Were? I'd like to think I'm still worthy of being a leader."

We see Yellow, White, and Spinel come up towards us.