Chapter 29: Talking and Apologizing

- Dipper's P.O.V.

He's not back again. It's my fault. I know Soos said that Steven was feeling a little better, but he could be angry for all we know. I keep assuming, but I don't know what to think anymore.

It's only the second day, he'll come back...at least I hope so. I'll just have to continue on with my day.

*Squeak*

Right on schedule.

"Hey, Rootie." I greet.

*Squeak*

Rootie immediately heads towards me and ends up on my shoulder, as usual. At this point, I just let Rootie stick with me. It's a nice distraction. But I need something else to distract me for a bit.

*Ding!*

I pull out my phone to see a few notifications from a forum that I've been on for a while. I've been so out of it that I haven't checked on it. It's basically a forum where people talk about their supernatural experiences. It's a smaller community that doesn't really get a lot of attention. It's probably for the best.

I joined because I saw people experience similar things to what Mabel and I experienced last year. I also got to see things in the forum that were not just in Gravity Falls. Apparently that guy who runs the 'Keep Beach City Weird' blog is on here, among other people. Some of these people's stories grabbed my attention.

One girl, named 'MissmewiththatluckyChase' online, apparently lives her life not knowing what crazy thing might happen next. Even mundane tasks can't be done properly! And this all stems from her best friend. Everything from a school trip gone wrong to something regarding Llamas of all things has been mentioned.

Anyway, the first notification came from that guy again, 'ALIENTRUTHFINDER33001'. Apparently he found more evidence of aliens in his city. No one believes him.
...if only they knew how right he was.

The second notification had to do a fight happening at...a giant tree house? And a giant made entirely out of cats...well that sounds familiar. Not only that, a bunch of kids were fighting against this giant!? There's even a video for it!
...you know what? I have no room to talk.

The last notification had to do with a guy who saw a dragon of all things.
If I remember correctly, this same guy said in a previous post that when he was younger, he witnessed a 'multi-armed' monster fighting against a different monster.

There seems to be a lot of stuff that's worth looking into.

"Are you looking into that forum again?"

"Aah!"

*Squeak!*

"Mabel!" I yell.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, bro." Mabel says.

I roll my eyes.

"Anyway, I came in here to tell you that Pacifica is coming by later." Mabel explains.

*Beep beep*

Looking down on my phone, a text message from Pacifica comes up.

Well, that proves she's coming over.

It's surprising how she's been texting me for a bit. Not consistently, but every once and awhile. Just last week she texted me a meme from the game Bloodcraft: Overdeath of all things. I didn't even know she played that game! Or any games in general!

I guess it's become a bit easier to talk to her in general...

- Mabel's P.O.V.

Is Dipper blushing?