Chapter 25: Quick Visit To Amity Park

- Danny's P.O.V.

It's been a while since I've been home. I've missed it. I'm aware it hasn't been that long, but it's certainly felt like it! Especially with everything that's happened so far.

Hopefully no one saw Steven and I suddenly appear out of no where. The warp pad is hidden just enough to where no one can see it without walking to the back of this building, sure, but I want to make sure so that no one asks any questions.

"Where are we?" Steven asks.

This area is familiar...oh! This is near the back of the Nasty Burger!

"We're near a burger joint called the Nasty Burger. It's a place where we hang out sometimes." I explain.

"Why go to a place that has 'Nasty' in the title?" Steven asks, sounding really amused.

"Their burgers are actually pretty good, don't let the name fool you." I state with the same amusement, "It's one letter away from being 'Tasty'."

Steven chuckles as we walk out to the front.

"I guess I have no room to talk. Back home I have 'Fish Stew Pizza'. It's a small pizzeria run by a few friends of mine." He explains.

"Fish Stew Pizza? That's definitely an odd name for a pizzeria." I state.

If the pizza has fish and Stew on it, I don't think I want to give that a try anytime soon.

"It's so different here. It's not like Beach City or Gravity Falls." Steven notes in awe.

"Hopefully that's a good thing." I state.

"It is." Steven says, "Every place that I've been to so far has been interesting."

He's definitely a lot calmer than he was last night...but I can tell that he's still trying to distract himself.

"Have you always been in Beach City?" I ask.

"Yeah, for the most part. It wasn't until a few months ago that I decided to travel on my own." He answers.

Traveling at 16 years old...his family definitely let him have a lot of freedom. It took some time to convince our parents to let us go. The same went for Sam and Tucker's parents. He's kind of lucky. Though, I can imagine how lonely it can get after a while.

"Doesn't it get lonely to travel by yourself?" I ask.

"Sometimes. But with Connie and the gems calling me, my therapy sessions, and meeting new people, it doesn't last very long." He explains, "When that's not happening, I tend to focus on music instead."

"Making music or listening to music?"

"Both."

I should've expected that answer from him.

"I've been getting immersed into other types of music and artists, to see if they grab my attention." He explains further.

"I've been thinking doing something similar. I've only been listening to my usual favorites. Though, I've started listening to Lil Mas S songs as of late." I state.

"Oh, same! I like his music."

I didn't think we'd have a lot of similar tastes, but we do. We suggested some artists to each other. I suggested that he should listen to Freak Out! At The Nightclub, Put it On, and Fall in Girl. Steven suggested Estella, Corn Rose and an acapella group called Quintatonicks. He suggested a fourth one, but he couldn't remember his name. Something about bridges is what he could remember. He mentioned looking it up later.

We continue walking around and talking. I show him some of the places that I hang out. We even get some stuff from a nearby store. Nothing crazy. Just some drinks and some snacks for everyone back in Gravity Falls. We walk some more until we reach my house. His jaw drops when I point it out.