Chapter 26: Just Another Normal Chapter :)

- Dipper's P.O.V.

"Come on, Dipper! I don't want to keep it bottled up anymore!"

"Mabel, I get that they're your best friends, but we can't let anyone else know!"

Mabel and I have been discussing on whether or not if we should tell her best friends what's been going on with us. We shouldn't! Grunkle Stan, Grunkle Ford, Soos, and Wendy already know. That's enough people! Besides, we just got back here! I don't want us to draw unnecessary attention.

"*Sighs* fine! I...I won't say anything..." She says as she pouts.

She crosses her arms as she walks away from me. Waddles follows behind her. He starts to snuggle her as her expression changes to a sad one.

I feel bad...I know she wants to tell them, but we can't let anyone else know. At least, not yet anyway.

*Knock knock*

"Are you two...alright?" I hear.

I see the door open as Grunkle Ford steps in, with Grunkle Stan behind him. I guess we where loud enough that they decided to come up to our room.

"We're fine." Mabel states.

"Doesn't sound like you're fine." Grunkle Stan points out.

Mabel turns her head away from them while I look away.

"Talk about a tense room." Grunkle Stan says.

"Something tells me this is regarding your...circumstances." Grunkle Ford states.

"I...I'd rather not talk about it." I answer.

"Same." Mabel agrees.

Our grunkles exchange worried glances at each other. Then look back at us.

"You guys want some food that Soos's Abuelita made?" Grunkle Stan asks, "She heard you guys were coming back, so she made extra for everybody."

...

...

".....Did she also make that Tres leches cake?" Mabel finally asks, breaking the silence.

"Yep." Grunkle Stan confirms.

...

...

...

************

Dang it! I should still be frustrated, but this cake is really good. Soos's Abuelita makes really good food. The magic that grandmothers have when it comes to food is incredible. I can't believe Grunkle Stan somehow managed to convince us with food! I didn't think Mabel and I would be in the kitchen eating cake on our third day back.

"Hey, Soos. Does 'Tres Leches' mean 'three milks' in Spanish?" Mabel asks.

"Yeah, dude." Soos answers.

"What kind of milks are in this?" I ask.

"It's specifically made with whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk." Soos says.

"Whoooa."

Mabel is too easily impressed.

Melody suddenly comes into the kitchen.

"There you are, sweetie. A new group of tourists just arrived." Melody says.

Without hesitation, Soos puts on his fez with a determined look on his face.

"I'm ready." He states in a slightly serious tone.

He dusts himself off as he walks out of the kitchen.