Chapter 9: 🎵 He..Is a Crystal Gem 🎵

- Steven's P.O.V.

*Buzz buzz*

I look at my phone to see who messaged me. I see Amethyst's name on the screen.

'Hey dude, thx for bringing in these gems. 😉' it read.

I text back 'No problem' quickly. I put my phone back in my pocket. I look back at everyone. They're still staring at me.

"They got the gems." I said, breaking the silence.

"H-how...did..they...you..b-bubbles.." Dipper stutters out.

"Huh, that explains a few things." Danny states.

"I can explain everything, but I...I..."

I stop talking. I feel my heartbeat get quicker and I feel my hands getting clammy. Everyone's staring at me...like I'm a freak...huh?

I look down to see Connie holding my hand. I look at her to see that she has a warm smile.

"Hey, you're ok. Take a deep breath." Connie says.

"Ok." I say quietly.

"Oh...my apologies, Steven. I didn't realize we were making you so..apprehensive.." Mr. Pines apologizes calmly, "I'll take my leave. We'll converse later."

Mr. Pines leaves and heads into the gift shop part of the shack.

"Sorry, Steven." Soos says.

He and Melody head to the kitchen.

"Yeah, sorry Steven." Danny chimes in.

Everyone else starts apologizing. I thank everyone, feeling much calmer.

"So..you have powers.." Dipper states slowly.

"Dipper!" Mabel exclaims while bonking Dipper's arm with her crutch.

"What?! He said he wanted to explain everything!" Dipper says back.

"Mabel, it's ok. I want to." I state, "Considering what happened earlier, you guys deserve an explanation."

"Let's talk about this outside the shack." Connie suggests.

We head outside to sit on the ground in front of the shack. I glance at Lion, who's still napping next to a tree. I take a deep breath as we all sit in a circle. Connie sits right besides me while Danny sits on the left side.

"Ok, let me start off with this." I state.

I lift up my shirt a bit to reveal my gem again.

"You have a gem?!" Dani exclaims.

"I do." I say.

"We got to see it after the cheese whizz incident." Mabel explains.

"Hearing you tell us that story was wild from start to finish." Tucker says towards Danny and I.

"Go on, Steven." Sam says.

"Right. Uh..I'm a Gem, but I'm also a human. I'm half and half." I say, fumbling with my words.

"But weren't those things we fought also Gems?" Jazz asks.

"They are, but they're corrupted. That's not how they're supposed to look and act." I answer.

"Corrupted.." Dipper whispers.

I go on to explain what Gems are, just like I had done with Danny. I went into a little more detail than last time. How they're made of light and that their gemstones are an important part of their bodies.

"Huh, you mentioned the gemstones thing last time." Sam states.

"What about you?" Mabel asks.

"I'm not like the other Gems. I'm uh..organic, as some of them called me." I answer, "I have a gem, but I'm not necessarily made of light."