Chapter 18: A Semi-Normal Day (Dipper's P.O.V.)

- Dipper's P.O.V.

...

...

...

*Yawns*

What time is it? I grab my phone to look at the time. 10:15am is shown on the screen. Ok, it's a decent time to wake up. I look over to Mabel, who's cuddling Waddles. Both of them are still asleep. I can hear her slightly muttering about guys and romance again. I guess she really liked Steven's recounting of his date last night.

She suddenly stirs awake. Waddles wakes up and confusedly looks at her.

"Good morning, Dipper." She says.

"Good morning, Mabel." I say, "Waddles."

Waddles oinks in response.

"Let's get today started!" She exclaims.

She jumps out of bed and runs out the door while Waddles follows her out. I get up and grab my mini journal. It's time to get the day started.

*A few minutes later*

I walk downstairs to see Mabel and Waddles sitting at the kitchen table. Mabel is enthusiastically chanting 'Pan-cakes! Pan-cakes! Pan-cakes!' and slamming her fists on the table. Sure enough, I smell pancakes. I turn to see Steven putting pancakes on the plate.

"Here you go, Mabel." Steven says.

He sets the plate down and we see that the pancakes are in the shape of hearts. And they have whipped cream and strawberries at the top. Considering that he just had a date yesterday, he's definitely a happy guy right now. Steven walks back to the stove.

"He's totally in love." Mabel whispers happily to me.

"Here, Dipper." Steven says with a smile.

Sure enough, I got a plate too. I have no complaints.

"I smell pancakes." I hear.

We turn to see the adults coming into the kitchen.

"Steven is making them." I say.

"You guys want some?" Steven asks.

"I call dibs on the next ones!" Grunkle Stan exclaims.

And so, Steven makes everyone else breakfast. The adults notice the heart shape of the pancakes.

"Why are they hearts?" Grunkle Stan asks.

"Steven and Connie had a date yesterday." Mabel states.

"He's in a really happy mood." I say.

"That's adorable." Melody says.

"Young love." Soos states.

"I don't think anything can ruin his good mood today." Mabel says.

I sigh and facepalm.

"Famous last words, Mabel. Famous last words." Grunkle Ford states.

Without warning, I see Wendy coming into the kitchen. She greets us casually while a bit out of breath. Steven offers her breakfast and she accepts it. We casually talk about what today's plans are.

"Wendy, why are you out of breath?" Grunkle Stan asks.

"Oh, yeah, I ran over here to see if you guys wanted to check out something mysterious I found." Wendy states.

"Something mysterious?" I ask.

"Yeah, something around the hanging cliffs." She answers.

She further explained how she found it while spending time with her friends. Mabel and I decided to check it out. We get some things prepared. I even get a backpack and a jar for good measure. Steven declined to join us and said he would stay behind. As we finished preparing, we immediately headed out to the hanging cliffs. On our way there, we ran into Danny and Sam. They also declined. It didn't take take too long to reach the area.