Chapter 31: Party Preparations

- Steven's P.O.V.

"Remind me again why you guys are going early." Mr. Stan says.

"We're going early to kind of help with party preparations...and making sure no supernatural stuff happens." Dipper explains.

"Gotcha."

"That makes sense." Mr. Ford says.

We've been getting ready to go. Oddly enough, Pacifica asked the girls to go ahead of us. It's so she could do some light makeup, apparently. We just finished dressing up. My outfit looks so nice. And so does everyone else's.

We also made sure to check if there were any ghosts or corrupted gems around. We double checked this morning, and nothing came up.

"Now, don't do anything I wouldn't do." Mr. Stan states, "That means no summoning zombies..Dipper."

"It was one time!" Dipper exclaims.

"You did that?" I ask.

"Once, and I was trying to prove a point." He retorts.

"And you two." Mr. Ford says as he points at Danny and I, "No ghost and gemstone-related shenanigans."

"Yeah, and no...uh, I don't know, bringing people back to life?" Mr. Stan chimes in.

"So you're just assuming that one or both of them can bring people back to life?" Tucker asks.

"Considering what we've seen of them so far, I wouldn't be surprised." He comments.

"I'm pretty sure neither of us can do that." Danny states.

...this is a conversation for later...

"Y-yeah." I stutter, "A-anyway, we should start heading out."

"Oh, right. We have to go." Dipper agrees.

We say goodbye and start heading out of the Mystery Shack. We get to my car and I start it. Alright, it's time to go!

************

We're finally here! Whoa, this is a nice house.

"Ok, this is definitely a rich person house." Tucker states.

"Believe it or not, this is actually a downgrade for them." Dipper explains.

"It is?!" Danny asks.

It's a large two-story house with hedges that look like animals and a fountain, and it's considered a downgrade? I guess some rich people are weird.

Dipper rings the doorbell, and a butler comes out.

"You must be the other early guests. Please do come in." He says.

We follow the butler inside. Whoa, this house is so nice. The butler brings us into the living room. It's so big! Some of the decorations are already up, and some of the food is already out. And the karaoke machine too! Next to it, we see Gideon plugging it in.

"You may hang out here as you please. I shall inform Ms. Northwest of your arrival." The butler says.

He walks away as Gideon walks towards us.

"Hey there, fellas. Y'all are looking snazzy." He greets.

We make small talk regarding the party. As we did, out came Pacifica in a gradient pink ruffled dress with shoes to match. Her hair was done in a ponytail that went over her shoulder, and has on pink eyeshadow. She looks great!

"Welcome, gentlemen." Pacifica greets, "Wow, you look as great as I do."

Confidence goes a long way for some. I turn to see everyone impressed. However, Dipper fully blushing at this moment!