Chapter 15: Rural Jungle

A/N: Warning! Ridiculous shenanigans take place, as well as some mild (and implied) swears lol!
As for the serious stuff, it does get a bit intense/possibly triggering later in this chapter. Just thought I'd give the heads up. Enjoy the long chapter.

- Steven's P.O.V.

Ah, what a nice day. It's a decent temperature for once! I've spent the last hour checking and planting the garden I've been working on for a few weeks since I got here. Things have been crazy for a while now. I honestly don't want to think about it. And I don't even want to think about the Saturday Night Spunkin thing from last week either! It just feels nice to sit down and work on my garden.

"Whoa, Steven. The garden looks great." I hear.

Sam walks up to me with a smirk, while the others follow behind.

She's been helping me on and off with the garden for at least two weeks now. She even gave me some suggestions on what to plant next. So I essentially have a mix of fruits and vegetables that range from sweet to spicy. Things like Tomatoes, Summer Squash, Ghost Peppers, and Lettace for example.

"Thanks." I say.

"That's a lot of fruits and vegetables." Tucker notes.

"I know, isn't it great?" I state.

"Uhhh, I might be a bit biased on that one." He admits.

"Tucker is essentially a carnivore." Sam snarks.

"She's right." Danny says while chuckling.

"I won't argue that." Tucker says while smiling.

"Well, I get that not everyone has the same opinion on this sort of thing." I state.

"Hi guys!"

Mabel happily skips to us with Dipper and Wendy walking in tow. Mabel has been really happy since she's gotten her cast removed.

"Hey, what's up?" Dani greets.

"Not much..is what I would say. The twins have been daring each other to do funny crap since this morning." Wendy states, "It's been great."

"Funny crap? Like what?" Tucker asks.

"Just the randomest stuff you can think of. Just now, Mabel dared Dipper to drink a weird spicy smoothie she created." Wendy answers.

"Oh, you mean Mason?" Danny says.

"Now there's a plot twist I wasn't expecting." Jazz admits.

"Is it weird that I thought Dipper was his actual name?" I ask.

"To be honest, a little bit." Dipper says.

"Well, Mason is being a weenie because he doesn't want to drink the smoothie alone." Mabel says, getting back to the topic.

"No, I want to make the dare more interesting by adding more people into the mix." Dipper retorts.

Mabel rolls her eyes.

"So, gentlemen, would you be willing to join my brother in this dare?" Mabel asks.

I look at Danny, Tucker, and Dipper for their reactions. I see Danny and Tucker smile mischievously. I doubt the drink is that spicy. I've had all sorts of spicy things before, both on and off Earth.

"Sure." Danny says.

"I don't mind." Tucker states.

"Count me in." I say.

I walk up to guys so that I'm not drinking the smoothie near the garden.

"Something tells me this won't end well." Sam notes.