Chapter 22: No One Gets Left Behind Part 1

- Dipper's P.O.V.

...We transported to the beach? ...Yep, it's definitely the beach. Surprisingly, no one saw us teleport here. I guess we're far enough to where nobody could see us.

"Ah, this reminds me a bit of home." Steven sighs happily.

He's clearly in his element here.

"It's a been a while since I've been here. I didn't get to stay here for too long." He continues.

"It's too hot and too bright here." Sam complains.

"I'll get you a sunhat, Sam." Danny offers.

"Sam, are you a vampire?" Mabel asks, "Cuz that would be so cool!"

"I'm not, I just prefer dark and gloomy places." Sam answers, "But I do have fake fangs with me."

"It's mostly to mess with people." Tucker jokes.

Knowing where we were headed, we dressed into proper summer attire before we left...knowing it would be hotter here than in Gravity Falls.

"While we're here, let's not attract any attention." I state, "We're just normal tourists..."

"Yeah, we're just normal tourists." Steven repeats.

"Normal tourists don't go out to different states looking for ghosts." Wendy states.

"We should introduce you to our family, then." Danny quips.

We start walking along the beach to get a quick view of our surroundings. The ocean is clear and beautiful. Unsurprisingly, there's quite of bit of people here. And I can tell that half of them are tourists like us. Some are taking pictures of the beach, some are complimenting how beautiful it looks here, those sorts of things. I agree. Despite not being a fan of the beach, it's really nice here.

"Soooo, how are we going to go about this?" Mabel asks.

"Weeell...for now, we just...walk around until Danny and Dani's ghost sense...goes off." Steven says, hesitantly.

"That's really the only thing we can do. We don't want to alarm everyone, especially if these ghost plants are hiding." Jazz points out.

That's fair...but this could take a while! They could be anywhere! Let's just hope we can find them...

As we continue to walk along, we eventually end up in a gift shop. Danny gets Sam a sunhat, just like he said he would. We end up getting some snacks and drinks as well. We might be here all day for all we know.

Everything seems normal so far...and that's suspicious. How come it seems so normal here when the map showed different?

"Uhhh...what's that?" Dani asks while pointing.

We look towards the area she's pointing at...what? Are those animals? No...those aren't animals...animals don't have water and fireballs coming out of them! Wait...are they looking at us?!

...

The light blue creature is waving at us while the red creature smiles. And now they're continuing their work...ok then, I was not expecting that.

*RUMBLE*

What was that?! Did the ground just shake?!

- Steven's P.O.V.

The ground! It just shook! Did anyone else feel that?!
We look around to see a few people being confused while everyone else is acting like normal. Did most people not notice that?

"How did they not react to that?!" Dipper exclaims.

"I don't know, dude. Maybe they didn't feel it." Wendy suggests.