9. Boss Level... Fight!

"I hate this level!"

Blades looked over the forested path, now plunged into a dark, dismal sky with red Morocco symbols on practically every flat surface. "Earth Level...! Okay, watch out for falling rocks, arrows, and tree monsters."

"And sharks!?" Cody exclaimed.

"Cody, that was the Water Level, there aren't any-"

Blades turned around as he heard something coming through the trees, and his optics widened as he saw sharks swimming through the air after them. "I stand corrected!"

The four players sprinted down the hill, sharks snapping at their heels before they jumped out of the path and ducked behind a large boulder.

"What're they doing here!?" Blades hissed, "They're not from this level!"

"But if they're here from the water level, then maybe..."

Cody hopped up on top of the boulder, giving a grin as he saw other water elements floating in mid-air. "There! Into those boats!"

"I thought you said Doc fixed those glitches!" Heatwave hissed as they jumped into the boats and took off towards the mountain.

"It must be the virus altering the game." Chief Burns guessed, and then things got worse. He could see the Morocco Virus hovering over the mountain, and then multiple CATs appeared around it, before being sent off to attack from in front while the sharks pursued from behind.

"Hey! I thought that thing was on our side!"

Blades gritted his teeth, "Our side, our front, our butts, everywhere!"

"Cody!"
Heatwave turned to the teenager, "Ramming speed!"

Cody nodded, and then their boat flew forward even faster. Heatwave gripped the edge of the boat, and then at the last moment leaped towards the virus.

If only they moved as quickly in the game as in real life... And if only dragons didn't materialize in front of you in a split second.

By the time Heatwave was almost in range, he was being blasted by the dragon's fire.

"You lose." the virus announced as the firebot disappeared.

"Heatwave!" Blades hollered. He was worried, because this time, he'd felt the heat from the fire even if it hadn't touched him. Had Heatwave felt the full force of the heat? But he was even more worried when the dragon then turned on Cody, who no longer had a cybertronian to guard him in his boat.

Cody was worried too, especially when Blades rammed his boat out of the way, sending him flying into the bushes. "Whoa!-Oof!"

He then saw Blades cover his father with his body as he too was blasted by the fire.

"Well..." Blades murmured, "At least I lasted longer than Heatwa-" and then he too was gone.

Cody flew out of the bushes, letting his father jump into his boat as his own was now on fire.

"Hit it, son!" Chief Burns announced, and then the two humans took off back to regroup. They ducked back behind the boulder again, the boat now riddled with arrows from their flight past the trees. "Where are the bots? Shouldn't they be back in the game by now?"

Cody shrugged nervously, "I'm sure they'd be here if they could. Maybe with the virus in charge...there are no do-overs...!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________