33. Rescue Royalty?

It had been nearly a week since the Big Race Rescue, and Blurr was still forced to park at the Firehouse. It would appear that Salvage meant business when he'd kicked Blurr to the curb, the Groundbridge didn't even register him access to its controls.

Despite having to host the speedster even longer than usual, Heatwave was actually quite amused by the events; mostly, he simply hadn't ever expected Salvage to have the bearings to do something like this.

It gave them plenty of time to invest additional training for Blurr. So far, they'd brought him along on multiple calls, including removing Mr. Pettypaws from a tree, resolving a conflict over camping spot reservations at the park, and repairing a damaged fire hydrant downtown, among other low-risk emergency calls.

Blurr was bored out of his processor by it all.

"Ugh...Give me a fire, an earthquake, rockslide, something!" He whined as he and Boulder drove down the streets.

"Hey, let's not speak life into big emergencies." The bulldozer scolded gently, "I'm content with these little favors."

"You are... Where are we going?"

"A friend called the Firehouse and said that some of her equipment is malfunctioning, so we're going to look into it."

They rolled up to the warehouse and transformed into bot mode, and then Boulder knocked on the door. "I come bearing diagnostic skills!" He hollered.

After a moment, the door opened and Slipchain appeared, leaning against the wall. "Nice of you to come so quickly. No big emergencies today?"

"Or all week...!" Blurr groaned, but then looked up at the femme as she looked to him. "Oh... Hello..." He preened.

"Ugh... You must be Blurr. Optimus told me about you." Slipchain stepped aside to let them in.

"You've talked to him recently?"

"No. He brought me up to speed on the bots here before I arrived, though I was under the impression that you weren't stationed here on the island."

"His partner locked him out of the house and he needed a place to crash." Boulder explained as he climbed up under the console in the corner, "You said the power's been fluctuating?"

"Yes, and the surge protector has been persistently-"

The bots all covered their audio receptors as a loud, piercing beeping rang out from the console for several seconds, and then stopped. "...Beeping."

"Eeeeeyikes." Blurr hissed as he shook the ringing out of his processor, "No kidding. So... Optimus sent you to help out here?"

"More or less. I was assigned to train Sigma Seventeen in some active skills, but without contact from Optimus, I am uncertain how best to proceed now that the situation has changed."

"Well, why not go back to whatever you were doing before you got here, like me! When I'm bored, I race! What about you?"

"My task on Cybertron was to spy on enemy agents. Not much need for that around here."

"Oh... Yeah. Guess not."

"Okay."

Boulder climbed back out from under the console, "I see the problem, but I don't have the items here at the moment to fix it. I may have to call Salvage and see if he can make the part for me before I can fix it."

"So we're stuck with that beeping until it gets fixed?"

"Right." He looked to Slipchain, "You're welcome to hang out at the Firehouse for a little while until I can get the part."