50. Is a Full Conversation Too Much to Ask For!?

"Got all of your bags packed?"

Boulder smirked as his partner spoke, "Sure, Graham..." He hummed, "All of my bags packed and ready to go."

"We'll only be gone from this plane of existence for perhaps a few minutes." Chase inquired, wincing as Blades adjusted his arm sling. "And yet you packed items?"

"It's a joke, Chase." Blades responded with a smile, "How's that feel?"

"Adequate. Thank you, Blades." Chase's shoulder popped as he rotated his good arm in the socket, "It is fortunate that this injury has not completely left me incapable of doing my job."

"Right," Chief Burns informed, "You might not be able to transform, but you've been able to patrol just fine."

"Tell your mom hi for us," Cody encouraged, "Maybe she can visit us next time."

Heatwave huffed, "Something tells me that won't be anytime soon..."

They then turned to the copter, "She seems to like you best, Blades. See if you can get her attention."

Blades nodded, and then closed his optics. He didn't fully transform into energy mode, but the flaring aura did appear as his optics opened once more, glowing white. "Mother, we need to talk, and I mean really talk. Could you lend us just a little bit of your time?"

There was a moment, and then the wind whooshed past them again. Earth disappeared, and the misty void of the Mists appeared. But this time, things were different; the last time they'd arrived, they'd been tiny, able to stand on their mother's hand with plenty of space to go before falling off, but now, as she appeared before them, they stood at her waist.

They'd grown in their power, and so they supposed they had grown in their forms here in this realm as well.

"Uh... Chase?" Heatwave murmured, pointing to the officer.

Chase looked down, finding that his injured arm appeared small and withered in comparison to his other one, and he rolled his optics with an exasperated sigh. "You have got to be kidding me...!"

Boulder turned back to their mother figure, "Mother-"

You are right. Their mother informed, We must speak in full...

"Thank Primus...!" Boulder walked up to her, "We have a lot of questions."

I know, and I am sorry for keeping you out of the dark. It has been... Hard to get time lately.

"What's going on?" Blades asked.

She looked back through the clouds, A lot of engagement with my fellow Anomalies... A lot of going back and forth about-

She then gasped, and Boulder turned and gasped as well as the dark hand, the one that had been antagonizing them, appeared out of the clouds. Before it could snag him, Heatwave grabbed the bulldozer's arm and yanked him out of the way.

"Watch it!" He placed himself in front of his brothers, but then their mother stepped up and grabbed the hand, reaching into the shadows and yanking another of her own kind out and into view.

That's it! I told you once, I told you many times, stop touching them!

Boulder then heard the voice of the other... It was just like one of the fragments of voices he'd been hearing back on Griffin Rock. He hadn't been picking up on radio frequencies, he'd been picking up on other members of their mother's race speaking.

Stop being such a baby, it's not that big of a deal.

Maybe not to you, but I put a lot of effort to keep them safe in their new home, and I won't let you keep trying to mess with it! You'll only shatter this one too!