Chapter 40

Hey, terribly sorry for having to postpone the end of Misfortune for so long. Everything is fixed again and thank you for sticking around to read this! Happy Halloween to those celebrating!

Chapter 40

Warm and comfy coziness surrounded me and I sighed heavily, digging against the bouncy surface beneath my body to get more comfortable. I made some grumpy noises while I was still half asleep, rubbing my face against the mattress because it smelled so alluring. Collin's scent was everywhere and there were still remnants of what we had done yesterday wafting off it. I was getting more and more excited the more I breathed it in, ready to pick that back up until I remembered that this kind of morning activity wasn't going to be a thing between us anymore. 

Collin always took care of me and my fears, I was more than happy to make him less afraid for once. I'd fight the entire sphere for him and lose horribly if that meant he was gonna be more at peace and maybe give me some snuggles afterwards. I was just glad that he told me how he was feeling for once instead of forcing it all down and it later erupting all at once, leading to a fight. By him disclosing his feelings, we had the chance to prevent that. Or at least admitting to it before he got angry at the world again.

I rolled onto my back, reaching over to rest my hand on his thigh with a content purr. All I wanted for him was to be at peace with the world more and to have something other than anger and revenge motivating him. I was entirely motivated by loving my family and doing everything in my power to keep them happy and healthy, maybe he could try that even though I just couldn't imagine him being nice to someone just because he could be. That wasn't him at all.

Collin blinked an eye open as I snorted amused, peering at me through his lashes while his face twisted up in a yawn that displayed his fangs. I wagged my tail at him, rolling over onto my side to be able to wrap myself around him and give him a little kiss on his chest because he deserved all the love. He reached his hand between my wings to give the furry area a scratch and I mewled softly, pushing my back against him. He always knew where the best spots were to give me scritches and I loved getting pet by him.

"Good morning, beautiful." He smiled, kissing my forehead. "I hope you have a wonderful day."

I plopped down on his chest in response, yawning loudly as I stretched like a cat, tail jittering behind me. I beamed up at his sleepy face, mewling softly as he started trailing my cheek bone with his fingertips. I got comfortable on top of him, sniffing the air several times to make sure everything was alright before I rested my head on him. I could hear his heart beat strongly beneath me and I closed my eyes, just enjoying the moment we were sharing.

"I'm going to have a great day because you are going to be there with me." I sighed happily.

He smiled at me and rested one hand on my back as I snuggled up against him, pushing my face into his chest. I took a deep breath of his scent, let it take over my brain until all that was left was him. Only Collin mattered in this moment and it had such a calming effect on me. His hand traveled down to the root of my tail, followed by a delicious rub there and I squealed happily. He kept paying attention to me until I couldn't keep my energy contained anymore.

I rubbed myself all over his torso, sniffing it once in a while to make sure I did a good job marking him with my scent until I reached his face, nuzzling his cheek. He turned his head to give me a quick peck on my lips, my wings perking with excitement and I kissed him back with a content sigh. I rolled over on my back, completely sprawled out on top of him to get him to pet my stomach and he got the hint. I purred satisfied as he hugged me to his chest, tail plopping down next to us and I just relaxed, delighted to be here with him.