Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"This is a smartphone." Collin had told me, handing me a little device. "Do you know what that does?"

I had shaken my head, carefully holding it because it looked very fragile and I didn't want to break it. I had seen Moros carry one around and he had used it to keep in contact with his family and business relationships. He had screamed into it a lot and he had also used it to tell his right hand to be mean to me and I had absolutely hated that guy. He had bullied me and every time Moros put his hands on me, he had bullied me even more as if that had been my fault. However, I hadn't known what a phone did exactly.

"I bought one for both of us." He explained while I sniffed mine. "You can call me if I have to leave the house and you get lonely. Then you don't have to cry. Hopefully."

I had wagged my tail at him in excitement, thrilled that he wanted to make things easier for me. I found it a lovely idea to enable me to contact him when he went grocery shopping and I hoped it was going to make it more bearable to stay home alone. At least he could tell me how long it was going to take him to come back home to me and I'd get to hear his voice. It'd let me know that he wasn't forgetting about me, that he planned to come home again and it should ease the pain.

"Thank you!" I had chirped, getting on my toes to give him a kiss.

"You are very welcome." He had smiled, reaching up to pet my cheek.

The rest of the morning Collin had spent seeking affection and I had absolutely loved giving it to him only to receive more from him. I had gotten to hold his hand, feel his arms sneak around my midsection at random times to pull me back against him and be showered in attention as much as my heart desired. Somehow we had ended up on the couch, wrapped around each other and he kept kissing me as if he couldn't get enough of me. I absolutely loved being treated like this and I made sure to reinforce this behavior with lots of love. 

We hadn't moved since then, Collin was slowly falling asleep underneath me while I was playing with him. I liked being sprawled out on top of him, seeing the goosebumps spread over his skin when I brushed my lips over the exposed skin on his arms and his breath hitching once in a while. A thrill of excitement rushed through me every time I nipped at his skin and his arousal hit my nose while my tail wagged slowly. Being lazy and just being there with him, bathing in his attention was the second best way to spent the day.

"I like this." I chirped, curling my tail around his thigh. "A lot."

"Hmn." He murmured, reaching up to bury his hand inside my hair.

I enjoyed some head scratches while he used his otherwise deadly claws to make me feel good, just being incredibly happy. I made sure to pay him back with even more affection, hoping he liked this as much as I did. It felt so amazing to have him spent time with me while he was completely relaxed, to make some positive memories and learn to love him even more than I already did. My chest almost burst with pride when he hugged me to him, gave me a kiss on top of my head and just let me snuggle up to him.

While he had put a lot of effort into bettering himself these past days, our interactions had been incredibly awkward. This was the first time he wasn't tense while being around me or looking at me nervously as if he was waiting for me to break down again and start screaming. He made it seem as if he was afraid to touch me because I was so fragile I was going to break and it was bothering me. Seeing me burst into tears like that seemed to have impacted him and he tiptoed around me, trying to keep me happy.

I just wanted him to be normal. I didn't even know what normal even meant  to be honest. It  wasn't very normal for him to tell me that he loved me but I very much liked that and I wanted him to keep doing it. I guess I wished for the same kind of relationship I always saw on TV when I watched cartoons. They treated each other with kindness and lots of affection and even though they got into a fight sometimes, they didn't scream at each other and instead talked about it. I wanted that for us.