Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I stared at my body in the mirror, running my hand over my naked stomach, caressing the bump that had formed over night and I could basically watch it grow by the minute. Collin and I had spent yesterday painting the walls, the furniture left behind by the former owners of the house and making this house our own instead of murdering Moros. Collin had told me to choose one room as our bedroom and one room as the baby's future room and I had loved that and had taken hours to chose the perfect room for my baby, paint the walls and organize the furniture. They only deserved the best.

Collin had promised he was going to take me to a store in the city these coming days so I could look for some fabric and sewing materials because I wanted to make their stuffed animals myself, pouring all of my love into it. I just wasn't sure which colors to chose since I didn't know  what they'd like. I wanted to give them everything they needed which I hadn't been able to give Moros' and my daughter. I guess this was my way of grieving because I didn't know what else to do or how to deal with that other than blocking it out so I was hyper-focusing on this baby.

I yawned loudly and walked over to the oak-wood closet, digging around in it to find something comfortable to wear. While Moros had always wanted me to look like a petite, little doll, Collin didn't care and let me dress the way I wanted and right now I just wanted something warm and comfortable to be lazy in. I found one of Collin's pullovers and put that on, my pale legs sticking out at the bottom since it was way too big on me and almost looked like a baggy dress.

An amused chuckle made me turn my head and I could see him sitting on the edge of our bed, smirking sleepily at me and I beamed back at him, opening my arms invitingly while I wagged my tail at him. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me, burying his face inside of my hair. I chirped happily, curling my tail around his leg to stop him from letting got of me. He noticed and huffed amused, trying to cover a laugh but it didn't work and I beamed at his face.

"Good morning." He hummed, kissing my temple. 

"Mhmn." I replied.

I got onto the tip of my toes and rubbed my face against his, nuzzling his jaw affectionately. He cupped my face and gave me a quick peck on the lips while I squeaked happily, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him down to my level to check on his mood. It felt as if we were moving in the right direction, leaving the past and especially Moros and his actions behind and as if we could be happy together. I wanted us to succeed.

"Can I touch you?" He asked cautiously.

Trust.

Trust was important. We had talked a lot about it yesterday after both of us had calmed down and I had taken a long nap since I was completely exhausted after telling him and bawling my eyes out. We had agreed that me trusting him was going to be one of the most important things and I had promised him to try. As much as I was scared and didn't want to, I was going to have to give him an advance of trust and that was either going to go great or horribly wrong. 

I nodded and held my breath, waiting for him to act while I was trying to relax. He noticed how nervous I was and slowly moved his hand up to my stomach in order not to scare me, trying to make me as comfortable as possible. I swallowed hard as he started caressing my stomach gently, watching me closely to see how I was reacting to him. I forced myself to calm down and just slumped against him while he kept massaging my stomach in circles, smiling happily.

"Your morning sickness seems a lot better." He murmured. "You aren't as pale anymore either."

He was right. I had been able to just shrug it off once it hit and continue what I was doing this morning other than projectile vomiting all over the place. I didn't know if that had something to do with the accelerated growth rate of the baby since everything seemed to be going so much quicker or if this had to do with the babies father and how he was treating me. With my daughter it had taken weeks to get as far as this pregnancy had come in just a few days.