Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I had grown into a teenager over the course of the next two days while Moros hadn't really known what he was supposed to do with me. He had fed me regularly even though he had needed several attempts at getting my diet right which had led to me heavily throwing up and writhing in pain because he had fed me citrus fruits and vegetables. We figured out soon that I was only able to eat meat with a side dish of potatoes, rice or noodles, although little amounts of something else was fine, it just made my stomach hurt.

He had ignored me the first day, trying to get his work done and telling me to stay out of his room but he soon had learned that this solved nothing since that didn't keep me away. I had sat in front of the door, clawing at the bottom of the door while whimpering loudly until he had cursed under his breath. He had let this continue for a few more minutes beore he had gotten fed up with me, opening the door again which made me purr content at receiving attention.

"Do you do anything besides whimpering?" He had snapped, glaring down at me. "Look what you did to the door! It's completely ruined now."

I couldn't have been prouder at having gotten him to finally pay attention to me and I hadn't felt the slightest bit bad for the messed up door while I had smiled up at him. I would have probably been completely fine, leaving and being on my own for the rest of the day but I had wanted to spend it with him. It hadn't been fair in my eyes that he had been at home the entire time and within my reach but he was ignoring me because he didn't want to bother with me. 

"I want to be with you." I had declared, sneaking closer.

He had stared at me as if he didn't believe me and just stepped aside, letting me into the room with him. He had gone back to the bed where he had distributed files around himself and had sat down with a sigh, going back to filling out papers which had looked boring. I had creeped right up next to him, rubbing the side of my face against his arm before resting my head inside his lap and after a few minutes of hesitation he had started running his hand through my hair, ruffling my hair while I purred content.

I had been allowed close to him from then on and he let me follow him around the city without having to wear a leash like all the other pets had to. It had made me proud. The people had been turning around, whispering to each other when they saw us passing by but they hadn't dared approach us in fear of pissing off Moros. One afternoon we had run into one of his friends and they had hugged each other before the guy had whistled as he had laid his eyes on me hiding behind Moros.

"You have to be shitting me! Is that a dragon?" The guy had asked, clearly impressed. "Since when do you have one? How? I thought they were almost extinct?"

"Mom gave it to me for my birthday." Moros had boasted, showing me off to this stranger. "His name is Nael but he never listens to it."

The random guy had grabbed me by the tip of my tail, making me hiss in pain at him who dared to touch me while Moros chuckled amused. He had tried to make me perform tricks by offering me food but I had snatched my tail out of his grip and had gone back to hiding behind Moros with a frown. That dude had sucked and I would have heavily prefered if we had left but they had kept talking to each other and catching up on the recent events in their lives.

Apparently he had just broken up with his girlfriend because according to him she had been an annoying control freak, trying to micromanage his life. He had been bragging about how she had no clue about him going behind her back and having something going on with other woman and I had really disliked how he had spoken of her. In my opinion he had deserved to get dumped if he had cheated on her but Moros had just shrugged, not impressed by him.