Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Thelo and the twins were still being watched by Thanatos and his boyfriend because he wanted me to be able to recover in peace. I could visit them as often as my heart desired, I spent as much time as I could with them but it was nice to also have some time off and just take a nap if I felt like it. I had been beyond exhausted after delivering them into this world and I needed much more time than I had thought to regain my strength. Once I did however, I wanted to be the best parent for my babies.

Collin tried to spend equal time with me and the babies, making sure he showered all of us in affection and he went to great lengths to take care of me to the best of his abilities. He got me a balm for my scales which made them look a lot smoother and he personally applied it every night, he brushed my hair and massaged oils into the tips to keep them healthy after my shower, made sure I took my medicine on time and just tried to look after me. He even went out of his way to develop new recipes in order to cook my meat for me.

He never let me out of his sight for longer than a few minutes, not even to go grocery shopping. Instead he paid people to do chores like this for him and he watched over me like a hawk and stuck to me like gum. He had turned paranoid after the last time had gone so horribly wrong and usually came running minutes after I had left the room in order to check on me. It made me sad to think about the reason behind it but it also made me happy to know he cared enough to be so worried.

Sometimes he took it a bit far with worrying about me. I loved him and I wanted to be with him as much as he could but I also needed some time for myself sometimes. I didn't want to spend hours on my own but half an hour every other day to sit down and think about my life seemed reasonable to me. He usually busted into the room to check on me a few minutes into my alone time, completely ruining it. I just didn't have the heart to tell him to leave me alone but I really needed it.

I sighed heavily and stretched my wings to expel the dreaded tiredness from my bones, yawning loudly before I dove under with a delighted giggle. I held my breath, eyes closed in the soapy bath water while I tried to get in touch with my inner peace again. Surrounded by warmth I concentrated on Collin and how he managed to always fill me with happiness and comfort even in the darkest times. I just wanted to be with him and spend the rest of my life feeling like this until one day my heart gave out.

I breached the surface, lungs burning and gasping for air. I had a lot of fun and I very much liked the new bubble bath Collin had gifted me but it would be much more enjoyable if he was here with me to play with the bubbles. My wings flapped excitedly at the mental image of him in the tub and splashed water everywhere, making me huff annoyed. I really didn't want to clean that up and I made some fairly dramatic noises, slowly lowering myself down into the water until only my nose poked out of the bubbles.

Stupid wings.

I could hear the bath door open and Collin's scent hit my nose. I mewled softly, waiting for him to come closer. He pet my head and I reached up to rub my face against his hand, planting a wet kiss the inside of his palm. Now that I was finally back home and had some time for myself, I wanted to work on our relationship and shower him with love and attention. Unfortunately, he left me to take my bath undisturbed after a few minutes but not without cleaning up the mess I had made.

Playing in the tub got boring after a while and I got up, drying myself off with Collin's towel because I wanted to smell like him. I wanted to be perfect for Collin and I devoted a lot of time to putting lotion on my skin, inspecting my tail for damaged and imperfect scales. There were quite a few and I mad a sad noise, hiding my tail between my legs. I was going to make sure he didn't see any of them and since I was in for a shed, I'd just have to wait for a few days and they'd be replaced by new and healthy ones.