Chapter 25

Chapter 25 

I shoved my face into his armpit while I chuffed happily, trapped in that in between state of being half awake and asleep. I heard him chuckle deeply, still half asleep as well and he dropped his giant hand onto my head to give me a few scratches behind the ear while I rested my hands on my stomach to protect it. I hummed satisfied at being pet by him, eyes closed and I kept running my nose along the side of his naked torso to take in as much of his scent as possible while I yawned sleepily.

He grabbed my leg and pulled it over his naked torso, so I was half straddling him and and half sprawled all over him and the bed, my tail dangling off the edge. I made a disgruntled noise at being forced to wake up but I immediately forgave him when I felt his lips press against my forehead. He coaxed me awake by caressing the baby hairs in my neck, kissing my head and resting his hand on my butt until I sat up with a huff. I reached up to rub my eye, sleepily staring down at him and he started running his hand over my stomach, paying special attention to that spot.

"You haven't said anything yet." He remarked, just resting it there.

My skin tingled where he was touching me, I mewled softly and pushed my stomach against it to get some more delicious belly rubs before we had to get up. My wings fluttered softly behind me and I got excited at the thought of him looking forward to having another baby with me. He could have anyone with a uterus conceive his child but he had chosen me and I was insanely proud of that. I wanted nothing more than to give him another one, I hoped he hadn't changed his mind since yesterday and he seemed anxious that it hadn't worked out this time which got me even more excited.

"I'm pregnant." I hummed, resting my hand over his.

A familiar spark inside my tummy had woken me up in the middle of the night again and I had sighed happily, caressing my abdomen while I almost exploded with glee. I had briefly considered waking Collin up and telling him about the great news right that moment because I had wanted to see him happy but I had known it could wait until the next morning. I had told my baby I loved them so much, snuggled up to Collin, pulling my plushie blanket up to my chin with a giddy giggle and I had almost fallen asleep when a second spark followed.

Oh.

"I love both of you." Collin hummed, pulling my face down to him to recapture my attention.

He gave me a quick peck on my lips before he let me sit up again and I tried not to make eye contact with him. I briefly wondered if I should tell him or if he was going to get mad at me for not following what we had talked about. He had suggested another baby which didn't include a second one and I knew that. I didn't want him to get angry with me and blame me for something I had no control over. I didn't want him to turn against me and I knew he told me he loved me but I was getting scared again. My brain went straight back to Moros and how he hurt me and my daughter.

"It's two babies." I told him quietly, keeping a close eye on him.

"Twins?" He asked, exasperated.

I made a distraught noise, thinking he was going to reject one of them or force me to get rid of one of them after birth because he didn't want that many children and he could do whatever he wanted without asking me. I didn't want that. I wanted my children to stay with me, I wanted to protect them, watch them grow up and I was about to start crying when he cupped my face. I sniffled as he brushed his thumbs over my cheeks, trying to comfort me but I couldn't stop thinking about him forcing me to abandon one of my babies and I was close to sobbing my heart out.

"Well, then I love all three of you." He whispered to calm me down. "I just think we might have a hard time if they are different from our first child. He just eats, giggles and sleeps. If they scream the entire time, we might be confronted with our limit but we can do it."