Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"Moody?" My mother asked, amused.

I just sniffled, resting my head on my knee and watching her cook breakfast for me because she didn't want me to strain myself. Collin had showered me in attention the entire morning much to my delight, I should be good for a while but I wasn't. As soon as he told me he was going to have to leave, I had been greatly upset. I hadn't cried as of now, mainly because my mother was around but the longer he was gone, the more upset I got. I just missed him so much.

Him leaving ripped me apart on the inside every time, it felt like a huge part of me had left and I couldn't wait for him to return so I could feel whole and happy again. I knew he was going to hurry and come home as soon as he could, missing me as much as I missed him but it still felt like an eternity since he had left. I took my breath away and it felt like every breath was being replaced by emptiness inside of me, restricting my breathing and slowly eating me alive.

Thelo tried to feed me with his little baby spoon, interrupting my grim thoughts and I thanked him for sharing his oatmeal and berries with me, pretending to eat his spit covered offering. He beamed at me, showing off his first teeth and stuck his spoon back into his breakfast before putting it into his own mouth, overloaded with food. He seemed happy and healthy, he was still growing really fast and I put my wing around him protectively, making him giggle gleefully. I just wanted him to grow up and have a good life. 

"That's normal, baby." My mom smiled, sitting down next to me.

She didn't give me my plate so I could bury my fangs inside of the meat and rip out a huge piece to satisfy my hunger. Instead she took my fork and knife from me and cut it into bite sized pieces for me, lifting the fork up to my mouth to feed me like a baby. I wasn't sure whether I liked her mothering me as if I was a kid and I scrunched up my nose but I was glad to have her in my life so I shut up and ate whatever she was giving me.

"Spit it out." She grunted after a while of me stewing inside my thoughts. "What's the problem?"

"I want Collin." I tried to evade giving her an actual answer.

She raised an eyebrow at me because she knew exactly what I was doing and I huffed, looking away from her. I didn't want to go into detail on what I wanted him to do to me, she'd just get mad again and be nasty towards him once he came back home. Just thinking about him being back here to hold me got me giddy and my wings fluttered softly behind me. Okay, not only hold me but you know. My mom noticed and cocked her head at me while my face flushed bright red.

"You know, I want him to do certain things." I mumbled, inspecting my toes. "With me. Always."

I wished I could just wrap myself around him, holding onto him tightly until our bodies fused and we became one forever. Then we'd never have to be separated again, he wouldn't be able to leave me behind to go grocery shopping and I could be with him forever. Or just open up a hole and crawl into his chest to snuggle up there, right next to his heart to make sure it kept beating and no one broke it. I just wanted to be with him and keep him feelings safe. That's be wonderful.

"That's normal as well." My mom comforted me. "You want your mate."

It was somewhat reassuring to know that she experienced this as well or at least knew what I was talking about. Maybe she could teach me how to deal with the absence of Collin in a healthier way than bawling my eyes out since she seemed to be fine without her mate. I briefly considered asking her what happened to him but I didn't want to make her sad. Maybe I could find a way to get her to bring it up on her own but as of now, I was going to complain about my own issues.