Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I yawned loudly and stretched my entire body like a cat, butt sticking in the air. Collin shifted next to me as my movement woke him up and dropped his hand onto my head, giving me a few scratches behind the ear.

Today is going to be a better day.

I flopped onto my back with a content sigh, tail stuck between my legs and wagging at him like crazy while I had trouble containing my excitement. I was just so happy that I was allowed to wake up next to him again without him being mad at me and I almost started crying with joy as he smiled back at me, caressing the side of my face and brushing my hair out of my face. He let me crawl over to him, hugging me to his side as I squirmed my way up until I could shove my face into his arm pit. I chuffed pleased and snuggled up to him as close as I could. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he ran his fingers over the baby hairs in my neck.

I made a few happy, content noises, wagging my tail at him again to signal how much I wanted to stay like this. I fisted his pullover to have something to hold onto while I got so excited that he cared about me and my feelings. He chuckled amused, moving onto his side to be able to look at me and ran his fingertips along the side of my face, along my jaw until he lifted my chin to make me look at him. I beamed at him as we made eye contact and he laughed softly, making my heart skip a beat.

"Use your voice to answer me." He smirked amused, ruffling my hair.

"I'm happy!" I chirped back at him. "Being with you, talking to you makes me very happy!"

My wings were flapping behind me before I managed to get them under control, folding them neatly on my back and I moved closer to him, resting my chin on his chest to admire him. I mewled softly as he used his index finger to follow the contour of my face, tracing my brow bone until he reached my cheek bone and eventually landed on my lips. I knew what to do to make him happy and opened my mouth, giving it a lick before I closed my lips around it, blinking at him innocently. 

"I'm glad you aren't crying anymore." He sighed, pulling his finger out of my mouth with a pop. "I don't like it when you cry. I don't want you to be upset."

"I can stop." I offered, upset that I had made him unhappy instead.

"No." He murmured softly, resting his hand against the side of my face. "I'd rather stop giving you reasons to cry in the first place. I want you to be happy as well."

I beamed at him, rubbing my face against his hand in order to mark him with my scent while my heart was swelling at his words. I was so glad he cared enough to change his behavior to help me feel better and be happy. I sniffed him to make sure I could smell myself on him and did it for a second time just to make sure. He didn't have to look after my feelings for me, he could just tell me to suck it up and deal with it but instead he decided I was worth changing for. He grunted surprised, ruffling my hair as I planted a kiss onto his chest before straddling him with a triumphant chirp, hips swiveling in excitement.

"What are you trying to do?" He asked, grabbing me to keep me still.

"I want to play." I purred seductively, nuzzling his collar bone. "Let me play with you, please? Collin, please?"

He sucked in a shakey breath as I slipped my tail underneath his pullover, teasing him while it brushed over his skin ever so lightly and he tightened his grip on my hips with a growl. His finger tips were digging into my skin and I mewled as the sparks were running through my body, tail sneaking up to his chest to rub against his nipple. I let out a proud chuff as I felt him swell up against my butt and I pressed myself against his member, excited that he still found me attractive despite everything.