Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I sat on the ground in our living room, bawling my eyes out even though there was no actual reason for it. I just felt like crying to make myself feel better and so I ugly cried, nose snotty and eyes puffy. My feet were swollen and hurt, my back was constantly painfully cramping and I was so hungry even though I had just eaten two steaks and a cup of rice which my mom made for me. I just wanted Collin to hold me but he had gone out to yell at people and my mother had left early this morning as well, leaving me all on my own. 

Thelo had had his second growth spurt last night and he had completely skipped the awkward crawling stage and had gone right towards toddler stumbling through the room. I had woken up on my own, upset that Collin had left me all alone but I had heard him cheer downstairs, so I had gone to investigate where all of this noise was coming from. Thelo had still been unsure of how to use his tiny legs, falling onto his butt right when I had reached the end of the stairs and I had loved him even more in that moment. 

"Look!" Collin had exclaimed, delighted. "He grew again!"

Thelo had just sat on his butt, suckling on his thumb and looking at me with big silver eyes while I had cooed at how cute he was being. A big smile spread across his face and he lifted his little arms, making grabbing motions at me and I had picked him up, rubbing my face against his with a delighted chirp. He had giggled and grabbed onto my face, holding it and I had started purring happily. I had been so proud of him, showering his little face with kisses and I loved him even more with every second going by. 

Collin had sauntered over to us with a triumphant smile, kissing Thelo and me on top of our heads before he had hugged me to his side with a proud smile. I had gotten onto my toes and had nuzzled his jaw until he had chuckled and given me a quick peck on the lips like I wanted. I couldn't have been happier in that moment and had turned my head to one side in order to be able to rub my face against his chest while humming satisfied. I had been so proud of myself for giving him everything he wanted, resting my hands on my stomach.

Right now my beloved baby was taking a well deserved nap for all this walking practice he had been doing so well the entire morning and I had more than enough time to be miserable and fall apart. I just wanted Collin to come home to me and make me feel better, hold me for a while, give me some kisses and tell me that everything was going to be okay again and that I wasn't as ugly as I thought I was. I felt like a giant, bloated whale and I still couldn't stop eating, my feet hurt and I wanted to take a nap too. 

I just sat on the ground, feeling stupid after I stopped crying. It made me feel better but I still craved Collin even though I knew I couldn't change the situation. Collin told me he was going to go out and try to find people who needed help and solve their issues. Since my mother had taken all of the dragons he had freed and had hidden them somewhere he didn't know about that was one of the few things he still wanted to do. That and recruiting people to start a war against the entire Greek pantheon because he was pissed they threatened his son's life.

Everyone did something meaningful. Collin tried to make people's lives easier and my mom helped reunite the captured dragons with their families. I just stayed at home, ate a lot and cried while my stomach grew bigger and bigger. I wanted to be useful as well but I didn't have any useful talents. Everything I was really good at was confined to the bedroom and that only made Collin happy which was great but helped only one person. I was ready to cry again over being useless and ugly when Thanatos teleported in.

"Have you seen my dad?" He asked nonchalantly.

I shook my head and stared down at my hands while I made myself as small as I could. I felt extremely unsafe being alone with him and I didn't want to accidentally piss him off and make him hurt my babies. No one was going to hear me scream for help since our property was so large and even though he didn't have all of his magic back, he was strong enough to overpower me. I wasn't going to be able to protect my babies if he decided he didn't want any more siblings and it was better not to provoke him.