Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Collin had fled as soon as he had opened his eyes today, not even giving me the chance to ask if I could come with him. It had been a few days of my mother living with us and I guess he wanted to be able to breath without constantly getting glared at for it. He left a note saying he was going to visit Thanatos since he wasn't allowed to sleep next to me unsupervised and couldn't tell me in person. I terribly missed him as soon as I woke up and I wanted to come back but at least I was able to talk to my mother alone. 

"There is this flower growing where our dead are buried." My mom told me, braiding a strand of hair. "It helps with morning sickness if you turn it into a tea. I'm going to see whether I can get my hands on some to prepare for you."

She had been beside her self seeing our son for the first time and when I broke the news to her that there were two more on their way, she had been so excited for me. Not for Collin though, he could die for all she cared. She snarled at him if he got too close to me or our son and made sure she was always around when Collin was alone with one of us in case she needed to protect us. In the beginning he thought it was funny and kept sneaking around the house to visit me like he had when I was with Moros but now he was pissed off. 

Collin didn't like that his actions now had consequences and someone was constantly holding him accountable for it. He wasn't allowed to cook for me anymore, my mom insisted on doing it herself and they even got into a fight over it. He still had to prepare his own food and she heavily judged him for that as well. She said he ate like a caveman and that was coming from someone who tore apart a piece of meat with her fangs. I guess she just really disliked him. But I liked him. I liked her. I wanted them to get along.

"How do you know?" I asked, still sleepy.

"I had a life outside of those cages once, baby." She told me, attaching a little gem at the end of the braid. 

I hadn't even considered that she hadn't been born inside those cages like me and my brother had. I felt so sad to know her home had been taken away from her against her will and she hadn't been able to visit her friends. She lost everything and then they took me and my brother away from her as well, most likely even more siblings I never got to know. She had probably thought I was dead or worse. She didn't seem too happy with how I had ended up and made sure Collin didn't have the chance to be alone with me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, sad.

"You would have gotten to grow up in the wild and find your mate the way we are supposed to find them, have them fight for your affection." She sighed, resting her hand on my head. "I'm sorry that wonderful experience was taken away from you and instead they forced you to be with someone you didn't have time to get to know first, who doesn't have your best intentions in mind."

I didn't understand why that was so bad. I wanted to be with Collin, he had let me make the decision whether I wanted to love him forever and I was very happy with him and my decision. I didn't want to change anything about it. Maybe sometimes he was a little much, especially when he was throwing a hissy fit and ignoring me for it but I still loved him. I loved when he paid attention to me, kissed me and allowed me to have children with him. I wouldn't trade him in for anything in this world and I wanted her to stop being mad at him. It made me upset.

"I want Collin." I huffed before I got excited about him loving me. "He is nice to me. He kisses me, a lot and I very much like that. He tells me he loves me and he gets me presents. Look!"

I showed her my naked ankle, flexing it to make the black pearl shimmer in the light while the chain jingled. I wasn't going to show her the jewelry that was meant to show my body off since she was just going to get mad at him again but I was wearing it underneath my clothes just in case we managed to somehow find time for playtime. I hoped Collin was going to find a way to sneak into my room tonight because I missed him and I missed playtime even more. We hadn't done anything remotely like that since my mom moved in. She'd just get mad.